Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Word Play – Join in

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 7 2017, 2:18am

Post #1 of 24 (2690 views)
Shortcut
Word Play – Join in Can't Post

Object: Rearrange a letter or letters of a single word of a name, phrase, place, etc. to form an anagram.
Then give a short definition.
Examples:
The Three Farthing Notes: A barbershop quartet from Hordbottle. (The Three Farthing Stone)

The Alt’s Homely House: The unsightly residence of Mr. & Mrs. Alt. (The Last Homely House)

Yours?

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2017, 5:27am

Post #2 of 24 (2630 views)
Shortcut
The Slackevil-Bagginses: will get around to turning the Shire over to Sharkey eventually./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2017, 6:35am

Post #3 of 24 (2622 views)
Shortcut
This city of I Sigh A Lot has been reclaimed-- for Gordon!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 7 2017, 4:17pm

Post #4 of 24 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Khazad-mud: The sludge found at the bottom of the pits of Moria. (Khazad-dϋm) [In reply to] Can't Post

Additional clarification
No additional letters nor left out letters are allowed.

Bywater Loop: A highball served at the Green Dragon Inn. (Bywater Pool)

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2017, 5:22pm

Post #5 of 24 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Isengrad: is beink Hero City in people's struggle against fascist Ent invaders!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 7 2017, 8:08pm

Post #6 of 24 (2596 views)
Shortcut
A Regal Lid: The Elven Queen's Hat! / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 7 2017, 8:22pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 7 2017, 8:18pm

Post #7 of 24 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Forging So Bad: Sam's Master's Jewelry / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 7 2017, 8:20pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 7 2017, 8:19pm

Post #8 of 24 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Atom Bomb Lid: Nuclear Deterrent of the Old forest. / [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 7 2017, 8:40pm

Post #9 of 24 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Orlien: Ancient Elf land under new Elf management./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 7 2017, 9:09pm

Post #10 of 24 (2589 views)
Shortcut
We Ran: What the Elven Princess Did When She Saw a Grungy Ranger Staring at Her in the Forest. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 7 2017, 9:15pm

Post #11 of 24 (2588 views)
Shortcut
A Grim Tower - No Gum: Theoden's Former Advisor's Main Complaint About Orthanc. / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 7 2017, 9:15pm)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 8 2017, 12:13am

Post #12 of 24 (2579 views)
Shortcut
The Old Dorf: Father of Dorf the Younger. (The Old Ford) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf to Denethor

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 8 2017, 4:15pm

Post #13 of 24 (2524 views)
Shortcut
Beer Reckoning: Last call at The Prancing Pony. (Bree Reckoning) [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf to Denethor

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 8 2017, 4:26pm

Post #14 of 24 (2524 views)
Shortcut
All Ancestors' Tree: What the High King found on the slopes of Mindolluin. / [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 8 2017, 5:01pm

Post #15 of 24 (2521 views)
Shortcut
"Lo! Here is a scion of Nil Moth: the reason Gandalf never escaped Orthanc."/ [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2017, 10:46pm

Post #16 of 24 (2511 views)
Shortcut
grammas gotf (Gathering of the Fellowship): her first convention in 2003! [Maggots Farm] // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 9 2017, 1:03am

Post #17 of 24 (2506 views)
Shortcut
The Great Lobing: The orcs cheered as they catapulted heads over the wall at Minas Tirith. (The Great Goblin) [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf to Denethor

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 9 2017, 3:58am

Post #18 of 24 (2510 views)
Shortcut
Do misspellings count? [In reply to] Can't Post

There are two 'b's in lobbing.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 9 2017, 3:58pm

Post #19 of 24 (2478 views)
Shortcut
NO! Duh, my bad! How about.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Shallow: Those who fought against the Wise. (The Hallows)

Gandalf to Denethor

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Dec 9 2017, 4:09pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 9 2017, 6:02pm

Post #20 of 24 (2466 views)
Shortcut
And two frontal lobes in each catapulted head./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 9 2017, 6:48pm

Post #21 of 24 (2470 views)
Shortcut
There ya go! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2017, 4:38am

Post #22 of 24 (2412 views)
Shortcut
The Mines of Moira -- Speak, friend, and enter -- Moira's a great hostess!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Where's Frodo?

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 10 2017, 11:00pm

Post #23 of 24 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Dimrill lead: A byproduct of the excavation of mithril dumped outside the East-gate of Moria. (Dimrill Dale) [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf to Denethor

sparrowruth
Bree

Dec 13 2017, 1:00am

Post #24 of 24 (2295 views)
Shortcut
absolutely lovely!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.