Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
How about TASMANIA for this new Series?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 5 2017, 4:23am

Post #1 of 5 (2554 views)
Shortcut
How about TASMANIA for this new Series? Can't Post

YOUR everlasting Bomby has a Facebook Friend from there.
He has posted an huge Array of locations that really
do look like the Middle earth we know from
PJ & co.

YET even less Developed from human intervention.

Such an opportunity for this Last Homely
House west of the Sundering
South Pacific..

The Infrastructure for a Huge Production could quickly
come from AUST..with many additions from NZ to
help fill the Roster out the Cast & CREW.

It is a WIN/WIN for that remote part of our World.
poor Tasmania could have an Economic
Boost like NZ has been enjoying
for the Last 20 years.

Thoughts? Reactions..? additional ideas?

Goldberry sends many Kisses
& sweet smelling
Water Lilies

xox bomby

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arannir
Valinor

Dec 5 2017, 10:17am

Post #2 of 5 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Tasmania [In reply to] Can't Post

First thought Tasmania might be a bit too exotic (from a European point of view) for Middle-earth. However, after scrolling through several images I agree. It would be a good choice.

However, I assume it might be more feasible for a TV production and cheaper to do it in Eastern Europe or Europe in general.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 5 2017, 8:47pm

Post #3 of 5 (2443 views)
Shortcut
Interesting place, certainly new and not over exposed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Costs though may be an issue.

"Tasmania has a relatively cool temperate climate compared to the rest of Australia with four distinct seasons.[49] " Wiki

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Dec 5 2017, 8:50pm)

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Dec 5 2017, 11:05pm

Post #4 of 5 (2419 views)
Shortcut
Too Funny! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a few days hence I was thinking Tasmania would be PERFECT! Yes, it does have 4 distinct seasons. We don't think of Australia that way but Tasmania is actually as far SOUTH of the Equator as BC, Canada is NORTH of it! Crazy. If you pull it up on youtube, you'll find it has a very unique mixture of exotic and temperate that I think would bode beautifully for locations in Middle-Earth and as someone else on here said, Tasmania is one of the few places left in the world that's largely untampered by humans. Although I fear that would change if the TV series ended up shooting there. So the idea is bittersweet.

(This post was edited by ecthelionsbeard on Dec 5 2017, 11:06pm)

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Dec 6 2017, 7:46pm

Post #5 of 5 (2364 views)
Shortcut
Great idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tasmania is very similar to New Zealand - But way less expensive! Some great locations there as well...

Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.