Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CLXXI Can't Post

Fire away!

sador
Half-elven

Dec 6 2017, 6:12pm

Post #2 of 12 (3745 views)
Shortcut
"I tell you, Aragorn - never play backgammon with a wizard." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 6 2017, 6:49pm

Post #3 of 12 (3744 views)
Shortcut
"So how can you have s'mores if you haven't had any yet?" "Whoa, that's really deep, man! Have another toke?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 6 2017, 7:45pm

Post #4 of 12 (3739 views)
Shortcut
Blast. I think I left the water running back in Gondor. [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 6 2017, 10:08pm

Post #5 of 12 (3724 views)
Shortcut
"I spy with my little eye, something that is gold." // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 7 2017, 2:26am

Post #6 of 12 (3706 views)
Shortcut
A: “Cheer up! Lots of people are afraid of the dark.” // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 7 2017, 3:36am

Post #7 of 12 (3701 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn, whispering: "Boromir! (whacks B's hand out of his mouth) Not a good look, man! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you gotta give up smoking, for cryin out loud chew gum! don't suck your thumb! Geez!"

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Dec 7 2017, 3:36am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 7 2017, 5:28am

Post #8 of 12 (3691 views)
Shortcut
"So what *is* the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Hmm..." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 8 2017, 7:11pm

Post #9 of 12 (3610 views)
Shortcut
Hate to interrupt your lovely story, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think our marshmallows are burnt to a crisp...

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 8 2017, 7:50pm

Post #10 of 12 (3611 views)
Shortcut
Give it up Boromir... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's that old saying, 'Never play tic-tac-toe with a wizard, for they are subtle and always occupy the centre square.'

BlackFox
Half-elven

Dec 9 2017, 5:14pm

Post #11 of 12 (3551 views)
Shortcut
We have a winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

The next round is all yours, Belegdir. Thanks for playing, everyone!

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 9 2017, 5:24pm

Post #12 of 12 (3546 views)
Shortcut
Many kind thanks! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I will post a new image shortly.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.