Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
And now for... Hobbit Caption Contest LXXI...

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 26 2017, 5:22pm

Post #1 of 10 (8207 views)
Shortcut
And now for... Hobbit Caption Contest LXXI... Can't Post

*Mouse-sized fanfare*
And now, with thanks to Ataahua, it is my great pleasure to produce another picture for your perusal. Dust off your funny bones, go forth and caption!

(Lightened to give you a sporting chance of seeing what's happening. But what IS happening - only you can tell.... Tongue )

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 26 2017, 8:46pm

Post #2 of 10 (8137 views)
Shortcut
Following his Mum's strict orders, Fili makes sure he gets his milk. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 27 2017, 5:25pm

Post #3 of 10 (8074 views)
Shortcut
Beorn's Lite Mead is to beer what Tom Bombadil is to music. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 28 2017, 1:04am

Post #4 of 10 (8037 views)
Shortcut
"See, when you rub one of Beorn's mugs, a genie appears!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 28 2017, 5:02am

Post #5 of 10 (8031 views)
Shortcut
Thorin is both amused and disgusted with his nephew's "drinking game." [In reply to] Can't Post

And Thorin refuses to sing "99 bottles of milk on the wall" - how embarassing!Blush

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Nov 28 2017, 5:04am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 28 2017, 7:39pm

Post #6 of 10 (7976 views)
Shortcut
Fili: Yeah yeah yeah. [In reply to] Can't Post

Erebor's the land of milk and honey, eh? Pfff! Sorry, Uncle. I think I'll just stay right here. Kili can be heir. Cheers!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 28 2017, 9:50pm

Post #7 of 10 (7948 views)
Shortcut
"Check this out uncle. Gandalf's got nuthin' on me!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 2 2017, 2:59pm

Post #8 of 10 (7729 views)
Shortcut
Thorin debates whether to tell Fili that Beorn had grabbed the pitcher labeled "MSM (Mirkwood Spider Milk)" // [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Dec 5 2017, 2:40pm

Post #9 of 10 (7562 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a hard choice, I like all of them, but Lissiun, the next round is yours!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 6 2017, 3:42am

Post #10 of 10 (7377 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, wee mousey! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will look into this with the utmost care. See you back here soon as!
Best regards,
Liss

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.