Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Caption Contest CLXIX (is that correct? :P)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2017, 4:11am

Post #1 of 13 (7612 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CLXIX (is that correct? :P) Can't Post

Many thanks to Ethel Duath for choosing my caption! It was a very pleasant surprise considering the many clever entries.

Please forgive me, I've forgotten how to post images directly. But here's the link. I look forward to reading what you come up with.
Smile

http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/fotr/fotr0191.htm

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 21 2017, 4:42am

Post #2 of 13 (7563 views)
Shortcut
Mine! Mine! Mine! Down! Down! Down! Go! Go! Go! I'm rich! I'm a happy miser! [In reply to] Can't Post

Woo hoo!

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Nov 21 2017, 4:43am)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2017, 4:53am

Post #3 of 13 (7547 views)
Shortcut
Much obliged, O-s! // [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 21 2017, 5:14am

Post #4 of 13 (7544 views)
Shortcut
I shall name him Ringy and he shall be mine! And he shall be my Ringy. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 21 2017, 5:27am

Post #5 of 13 (7547 views)
Shortcut
One ringy dingy! [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAXUpnjlCxg

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 21 2017, 5:15pm

Post #6 of 13 (7506 views)
Shortcut
After hundreds and hundreds of manicures Bilbo is still in love with his fingers. // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 21 2017, 5:28pm

Post #7 of 13 (7504 views)
Shortcut
"Hand, hand, fingers, thumb. Hobbits hum, eat a plum. Ring on finger, ring on thumb." / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 22 2017, 5:09am

Post #8 of 13 (7466 views)
Shortcut
LOL // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Alveric
Lorien

Nov 22 2017, 1:38pm

Post #9 of 13 (7446 views)
Shortcut
OMG! I scored a limited-edition WETA One Ring (tm) colectable with holographic font!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

StingingFly
Lorien

Nov 24 2017, 6:10pm

Post #10 of 13 (7325 views)
Shortcut
The autobiographical "Memoirs of Sebastian Hedgehog" was Bilbo's second most 'precious' possession. [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 26 2017, 3:28pm

Post #11 of 13 (7192 views)
Shortcut
Frodo (offscreen to Gandalf): "To tell you the truth, Bilbo's been a bit odd lately... he's taken to locking himself in his study and spends hours and hours singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" when he thinks I'm not looking." // [In reply to] Can't Post

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2017, 11:21pm

Post #12 of 13 (7163 views)
Shortcut
The next round goes to you, Bracegirdle :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a tough choice, but this continued to make me chuckle each time I read it. Go forth and post. Smile

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 28 2017, 9:35pm

Post #13 of 13 (7111 views)
Shortcut
Oops! Missed your post. But all's well as ends well.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll get to it asap. Many thanks Zarabia! Heart

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.