The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
It's the Hobbit Caption Contest LXXI!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 20 2017, 6:47am

Post #1 of 10 (7530 views)
Shortcut
It's the Hobbit Caption Contest LXXI! Can't Post

With thanks to Loresilme, we come to the next chapter of this game with Tauriel, Tilda and Sigrid on the shore of the Long Lake.

What do you think is happening here?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 20 2017, 6:50am

Post #2 of 10 (7486 views)
Shortcut
TAURIEL: "The men have left, so it's up to us to do the REAL work!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 20 2017, 5:40pm

Post #3 of 10 (7459 views)
Shortcut
"So it's agreed. I don't talk to you about Bard and you don't talk to me about Kili, so BOFA passes the Bechdel test." "Uh, big sister, I think it just failed...." / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 20 2017, 6:02pm

Post #4 of 10 (7458 views)
Shortcut
"Could it be? Could it be? Yes, it's the 'Mary Kay' representative! Yippy-do!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 20 2017, 7:59pm

Post #5 of 10 (7446 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel! Can you introduce me to that guy with the bow?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 21 2017, 3:45pm

Post #6 of 10 (7393 views)
Shortcut
Tilda: "You're missing the point, the lake's this way..... [In reply to] Can't Post

... and there's something crawling out of it!"

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 21 2017, 10:46pm

Post #7 of 10 (7357 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel tries desperately to ignore Sigrid's off-key singing, [In reply to] Can't Post

while Tilda thinks this is a bad time to sing "Row, row, row your boat...."//

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

StingingFly
Lorien

Nov 24 2017, 5:58pm

Post #8 of 10 (7304 views)
Shortcut
Sigrid: "Hurry up Alfrid! All of the non-canon characters are jumping into the lake before we ruin this movie!" [In reply to] Can't Post

...if only Tongue

(This post was edited by StingingFly on Nov 24 2017, 6:04pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 24 2017, 7:34pm

Post #9 of 10 (7295 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats dormouse! You're up for the next caption competition. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 24 2017, 11:20pm

Post #10 of 10 (7281 views)
Shortcut
Eek.. squeak! 'Thankee!.. [In reply to] Can't Post

... and with that, the mouse scuttles off to find a worthy subject for the next round.....

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.