The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Scenes From The Hat

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 2:24pm

Post #1 of 21 (10639 views)
Shortcut
Scenes From The Hat Can't Post

What will be the one most blatantly dissonant misstep in the very first Amazon episode that will have Purists projectile vomiting, Real Fans flaming, and the new “Middle-earth TV Series Discussion” board locking up every five minutes?

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Ettelewen
Rohan

Nov 16 2017, 4:21pm

Post #2 of 21 (10556 views)
Shortcut
Young Aragorn will be re-imagined as female... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 4:27pm

Post #3 of 21 (10568 views)
Shortcut
It's morning. We see an unclad Aragorn in bed. He rolls over and... [In reply to] Can't Post

...next to him is Arwen, also naked, beneath the sheets.

ARWEN: We can't let my father find out about this!

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2017, 5:10pm

Post #4 of 21 (10548 views)
Shortcut
Beren's wisecracking fox sidekick, voiced by Eddie Murphy./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 5:46pm

Post #5 of 21 (10547 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this would seem very likely.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16 2017, 6:25pm

Post #6 of 21 (10546 views)
Shortcut
Opening action scene [In reply to] Can't Post

with a vetern Ranger and his fresh-faced new Ranger partner taking down a villain on the border of the Shire. With the villain trussed up the veteran sits down, lungs heaving, and turns to young Aragorn to say, "I'm getting too old for this ****."

Smash-cut to the opening credits and guitar-heavy theme tune.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2017, 7:09pm

Post #7 of 21 (10529 views)
Shortcut
"Yo! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo! Rhymes like a dragon's fire, boots dressed to kill-o!"/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 7:26pm

Post #8 of 21 (10528 views)
Shortcut
"Now let the song begin! Let us sing together [In reply to] Can't Post

"I’m leaving a pattern no matter the weather,
"I let em know this ain't a myth, it’s a fact!
"Reeds by the shady pool, That’s where it’s at!"

sador
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 9:02pm

Post #9 of 21 (10518 views)
Shortcut
At the Ivy Bush. The Gaffer explains Frodo's relations to Noakes et al. And then - [In reply to] Can't Post

He carelessly says Primula's mother was Donnamira!

Shocked
Mad

But the actual vomiting will come later, in the potato-salad scene lifted from BotR.

(This post was edited by sador on Nov 16 2017, 9:04pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16 2017, 11:45pm

Post #10 of 21 (10496 views)
Shortcut
Uh-oh...would the more ignorant among them mistake BotR for LotR? [In reply to] Can't Post

One can only imagine the "crossovers"...starting with the "weed" of the Shire...

Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 11:57pm

Post #11 of 21 (10488 views)
Shortcut
Or Gwaihir voiced by Ellen DeGeneres. Just keep flying... // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 17 2017, 4:18am

Post #12 of 21 (10476 views)
Shortcut
"Mr. Eagle's my faaather duude!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 19 2017, 11:21am

Post #13 of 21 (10434 views)
Shortcut
Argh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't get these out of my head now! Particularly rapping Bombadil... I wonder what Tolkien would have made of rap? As for the blatantly dissonant misstep, I'm going for some sort of ludicrous costuming gaffe myself. The film costumes were so wonderful, anything's going to be a let-down; something truly anachronistic would be my choice.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 19 2017, 5:53pm

Post #14 of 21 (10406 views)
Shortcut
it gets worse... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It's morning. We see an unclad Aragorn in bed. He rolls over and...

LEGOLAS (appears from end of bed) Or my bro!

GIMLI: (sitting up from among the pillows): And MY aunt!

You carry the fate of us all, little TV series. If this is indeed the will of the market, then Amazon will see it done.

~~~~~~
Where's that old read-through discussion?
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 19 2017, 6:16pm

Post #15 of 21 (10400 views)
Shortcut
Rap Music - the c is silent, like 'indictment'? [In reply to] Can't Post

Blogger 'I am Pierre Menard' once set himself a challenge to copy 1 page of LOTR each day, including recording a version of any song on that page, using a suitable popular tune of his time.

He had the idea of Tom as rapper - e.g. taking after Vanilla Icehttps://soundcloud.com/...s/wights-wights-baby

Or, 'No Sleep 'Till Mordor' https://soundcloud.com/...till-mordor-extended

both are discussed on this page about p147

https://iampierremenard.wordpress.com/...-it-had-disappeared/

~~~~~~
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

(This post was edited by noWizardme on Nov 19 2017, 6:18pm)

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 19 2017, 6:38pm

Post #16 of 21 (10399 views)
Shortcut
Shelob is played by a Hollywood producer [In reply to] Can't Post

...who invites wannabe elf or orc actors into his lair alone for ‘auditions’.

~~~~~~

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 19 2017, 6:41pm

Post #17 of 21 (10397 views)
Shortcut
A major character will have to be incestuous, of course [In reply to] Can't Post

Turn maybe. Snort!

....oh, hang on....

~~~~~~

noWizardme
Half-elven

Nov 19 2017, 7:15pm

Post #18 of 21 (10397 views)
Shortcut
Everyone has lots of cats... [In reply to] Can't Post

...didn’t someone say it was a”fundamentally cataholic work”?

~~~~~~

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 19 2017, 7:48pm

Post #19 of 21 (10389 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! [groan] [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
It's morning. We see an unclad Aragorn in bed. He rolls over and...

LEGOLAS (appears from end of bed) Or my bro!

GIMLI: (sitting up from among the pillows): And MY aunt!

You carry the fate of us all, little TV series. If this is indeed the will of the market, then Amazon will see it done.

That was painful (but in a good way?). Speaking of Legolas, The Heart of the Wild, a region guide for The One Ring Roleplaying Game, on the subject of the Woodland Realm and Thranduil's Halls does suggest that Legolas has at least one brother.

Elvenking's Apartments: Thranduil lives in these rooms when he is in the palace. When he is off hunting, he usually leaves on of his sons as seneschal...

It's neither here nor there, really, but your post reminded me of the passage.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

sador
Half-elven

Nov 20 2017, 3:19am

Post #20 of 21 (10365 views)
Shortcut
And the hobbits [In reply to] Can't Post

by children???

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 20 2017, 4:55am

Post #21 of 21 (10360 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf, like most wizarding folk, [In reply to] Can't Post

uses a wand instead of a staff; he turns mice into horses, a horse into a coachman, and a pumpkin into a coach while muttering the incantation "Bibbidi-bobbidi-bo"; young Aragorn scrubs up well in his new outfit and diamanté crown. Finally! Real magic.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.