Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Please join us for a crazy-days-ahead Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2017, 7:19pm

Post #26 of 43 (3160 views)
Shortcut
I think poor Bombur has been through enough! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Instead, I’ll have a seat at the bar. And since I neglected to order a drink, it’ll be an Orange Juice, please! (Yours truly stays away from alcohol Smile.)

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2017, 7:24pm

Post #27 of 43 (3157 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

I’ll definitely have to check that out. Smile Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, definitely looking forward to enjoying my Outlander book. I stayed away from the book for the first couple seasons of the show, because I want to remain a show-firster, but now I’ll start reading a book a season.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

acheron
Gondor

Nov 18 2017, 2:38am

Post #28 of 43 (3156 views)
Shortcut
Good evening! [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed, when I first heard the new news, TORN was where I immediately headed. Already finding some great discussion and info!
Getting ready for Thanksgiving, and then right afterwards I will be heading out for a week for a work conference. Got my parents to stay with the kids for a bit so that my wife could travel with me for the first couple days at least. Should be nice to get away. Smile

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 18 2017, 4:11am

Post #29 of 43 (3144 views)
Shortcut
Still lemonade weather! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've been hovering around 75 all week, so I'll happily order a raspberry lemonade yet again. I refuse to think about the weather in NYC until my feet are on the ground there.

At work we had our annual volunteer day today, which was great fun. Our office is high stress (to say the least), so getting those egos in a room where they're forced to help the less fortunate was very rewarding. Going back to work in the afternoon was rough--truly amazed I left on time. Pirate

Regarding the new show, I've gotta be excited and imagine the best version of it is what's coming. With everything going on in the world, this will be a nice little happy place to see where this ship sails the next few years.

I'll be staying here for Thanksgiving since it's not worth spending the money to be home for less than 48 hours. I'm ready to send the (vegan) turkey-less turkey from Trader Joe's in the oven. They're delicious! Can't wait to catch up on sleep, movies and books this weekend and next week.

And woo! The wisdom tooth removal will be the week before Christmas. Managed to squeeze in an appointment while I'm with family. Better enjoy that vegan turkey while I can.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 18 2017, 2:29pm

Post #30 of 43 (3129 views)
Shortcut
Will be great to get that finally taken care of! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or "those", I should say, since there's 4 wisdom teeth. You should look like a chipmunk for only a couple of days, back to normal by Christmas.

Egos? In the LA entertainment world? Nah...Angelic

What's in the Trader Joe's vegan turkey? (It seems like everyone else has a Trader Joe's except for my area! Frown)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 18 2017, 2:35pm

Post #31 of 43 (3125 views)
Shortcut
That's a good way to travel! [In reply to] Can't Post

My folks did that when we kids were young: a neighbor would take care of us, and Mom could go with Dad to his conferences. (When I was 8-12, my older brothers still stayed home, but the folks let me travel with them, that way Mom and I could do some sight-seeing together when Dad was at meetings.)

Enjoy the trip! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 18 2017, 5:55pm

Post #32 of 43 (3124 views)
Shortcut
What a great weekend! [In reply to] Can't Post

Something to carry along.

How in the world did you each get your schedules and demands around to match up at the same time!? Wow! That's impressive... but what fun :D I hope the beach was a great walk and talk. Isn't it strange how good friends can be separated by time... but time never affects the closeness or the chatter?

Cheers, m'dear!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 18 2017, 6:03pm

Post #33 of 43 (3120 views)
Shortcut
What a great idea [In reply to] Can't Post

T'is the season when things get busy! I'm so glad your wife and you will have some time together before you finish your conference. I hope you have a wonder time... and that the kids aren't TOO spoiled by the g'parents. You do realize it's in our g'parental contract to sugar up the kids before releasing them? ;)

Cheers... and have a great time!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 18 2017, 6:06pm

Post #34 of 43 (3121 views)
Shortcut
Awwww... 75 degrees? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! :D

I'm glad you're just staying put and having a long weekend. I know it would get that I wouldn't realize how much I just needed some quiet!! Especially if you have some tooth tugging to look forward to *shudder*

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 18 2017, 7:46pm

Post #35 of 43 (3117 views)
Shortcut
Chipmunking [In reply to] Can't Post

That's good! I'll be a hermit there anyway, so nobody will see the brief transformation.

I read this as "Eggo's" twice before realizing what we were talking about. Ah, the great Waffle Boycott of '88! Laugh *sigh* yeah, and the egos are always inflating.

Hmm let's see: the loaf has turkey, stuffing and cranberries inside and comes with gravy. Here's the full list of ingredients and a picture: https://www.traderjoes.com/...s-flyer/article/3249. Hopefully you get one soon!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 18 2017, 7:49pm

Post #36 of 43 (3116 views)
Shortcut
Hurry up, the futon is yours! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, gramma. And have fun with the handmade gifts. That's so sweet!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 18 2017, 9:21pm

Post #37 of 43 (3111 views)
Shortcut
Pre-Thanksgiving greetings to all [In reply to] Can't Post

to whom it is relevant, in case you're elsewhere next weekend! That's the thing with such an international community. I remember it always used to make me jump when people started talking about Mother's Day - I thought I'd missed it and then realised that the US one is way earlier than the UK one. Both my parents have sailed West now, so seeing all the Mum and Dad Christmas cards in the shops is a bit poignant, but it comes to us all. Anyway, that's much too sombre for Fiesta! Sorry about that. Let's get into the party mood with a little something from the year my daughter was born - *plays Dancing Queen by Abba*.

I have my two small grandsons here for a sleepover to give their Mum and Dad a chance to pack some of the contents of their bedroom cupboards wthout interference, as they are going to be moving house in a couple of weeks. Busy times! They will still be close - I'm very lucky to have them nearby. Cheers, All!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 19 2017, 3:16am

Post #38 of 43 (3104 views)
Shortcut
It took nearly a year [In reply to] Can't Post

to finally corrale everyone so that we could agree on a date. But we're determined to not leave it so long between catch-ups! Its been a fantastic weekend. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 19 2017, 4:36am

Post #39 of 43 (3089 views)
Shortcut
Cheers GH! [In reply to] Can't Post

What fun to have a sleep-over with the kids! And to have your family moving closer to you is such a treat :D

Happy Happy pre-Thanksgiving, m'dear! I've been going through the same process as you with greeting cards and holidays. :) *warm hug* Having the kids around definitely makes it better.

You have a great weekend... and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2017, 8:50pm

Post #40 of 43 (3082 views)
Shortcut
tomaytoe tomahtoe [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySlySlySlySlySlySly

I work in an arts and crafts store and we actually sell cone shaped wire thingies or vine thingies to create your own tree... I never thought of tomato cages, perhaps because my tomatoes escaped them, climbed the arborvites (at least 8 feet up), sprawled into the interior thereof, poured out over the tiki torches and are still there despite it being November in Pennsylvania.

I'm torn between getting a real tree to go with the two walls of lit artificial trees I've somehow collected (and the Norfolk Island Pine faerie garden)... or using up all the driftwood I dragged back in the kayak's hold...

Happy Thanksgiving all... or whichever feast you celebrate in your part of the universe!

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 20 2017, 5:32am

Post #41 of 43 (3074 views)
Shortcut
Very crafty ideas :D [In reply to] Can't Post

A driftwood display would be so nice! I LOVE driftwood :D

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving Holiday and enjoy a nice, long weekend :) CHEERS!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2017, 4:30pm

Post #42 of 43 (3051 views)
Shortcut
did a tiny one... [In reply to] Can't Post

once for a friend. It was about a foot high, drift wood pieces going horizontal, larger on bottom, to smaller on top. I had a bunch of what we on the east coast (US) call cockles or arks, sort of a deep scalloppy looking white shell that often has a hole in the top (from wear?). Strung those and deployed on tree, looked fine.

Might try a larger one...

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 21 2017, 2:38am

Post #43 of 43 (3035 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

Bigger on the inside :D

That sounds so great! Anything to do with shells, driftwood, sand... beach and water things... is just wonderful imho. Living in Michigan, we're surrounded by water and all of those things :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.