Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
A new series adaptation of LOTR? How do you feel about that?
Poll: A new series adaptation of LOTR? How do you feel about that?
This is sacrilege and must not happen!
It's too soon
don't know/waiting for more information
I'd probably watch but with reservations
I wasn't that big a fan of PJ's; this could be an improvement
I loved the movies but more is better, bring it on!
obligatory "other" answer
View Results (54 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Nov 7 2017, 5:48pm

Post #1 of 10 (17331 views)
Shortcut
A new series adaptation of LOTR? How do you feel about that? Can't Post

Hot debate - for this oldtimer, hilariously reminiscent of the hot debate nearly 20 years ago about whether a movie version should be made at all - on Main over the (questionable) news that there just maybe might be the possibility of a series version of LOTR in the works. What's your reaction?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 7 2017, 5:50pm

Post #2 of 10 (17284 views)
Shortcut
Massive scepticism [In reply to] Can't Post

about it happening and about its quality until we know more.

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 7 2017, 8:44pm

Post #3 of 10 (17254 views)
Shortcut
I'd give it a chance. [In reply to] Can't Post

But if it's "Game of Rings", forget it.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 7 2017, 9:44pm

Post #4 of 10 (17236 views)
Shortcut
I'm keeping an open mind... [In reply to] Can't Post

...until we learn something substantial.

malickfan
Gondor

Nov 10 2017, 8:36am

Post #5 of 10 (17121 views)
Shortcut
A mix of cautious intrigue and massive scepticism... will wait for more info before getting too excited/annoyed// [In reply to] Can't Post

RosieLass
Valinor

Nov 16 2017, 1:21am

Post #6 of 10 (17055 views)
Shortcut
My obligatory "other" answer is... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have been more interested if it *had* been a new adaptation of LOTR. But now that we know it's going to be new material covering a time period that Tolkien didn't write about, I've pretty much lost interest altogether.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 6:16am

Post #7 of 10 (17035 views)
Shortcut
Didn't he? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would have been more interested if it *had* been a new adaptation of LOTR. But now that we know it's going to be new material covering a time period that Tolkien didn't write about, I've pretty much lost interest altogether.

You mean that Tolkien didn't write much about, right? This is still at least likely to be based on material from Tolkien's Appendices. And we don't know what the precise time period is yet--though many of us have our suspicions.

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2017, 10:36am

Post #8 of 10 (16953 views)
Shortcut
Don't really have any expectations but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised // [In reply to] Can't Post

KingTurgon
Rohan

Nov 17 2017, 4:32pm

Post #9 of 10 (16931 views)
Shortcut
I'll Watch It [In reply to] Can't Post

But I really want it to be in Jacksonverse.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 17 2017, 4:51pm

Post #10 of 10 (16929 views)
Shortcut
I'm guessing not. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But I really want it to be in Jacksonverse.

I don't think this will be the case. If this is set in the continuity of the films, and if this does prove to be about the early years of Aragorn, then Aragorn's timeline becomes much more complicated. For example, my best guess is that this would place the Battle of Five Armies as occurring during Aragorn's twenty-fifth year. Where was the young Ranger at this time? Had he met Gandalf yet? Did Gandalf intentionally avoid involving Aragorn in Thorin's quest?

I much prefer the notion of Aragorn as a ten year-old boy observing the strange Dwarves visiting Rivendell in June accompanied by a wizard and a Hobbit.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Nov 17 2017, 4:57pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.