The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 15 2017, 7:15pm

Post #1 of 17 (4574 views)
Shortcut
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories Can't Post

Putting aside "Art or Cash", what is the *real* reason the Tolkien Estate is agreeing to a Middle-earth television series?

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

squire
Half-elven

Nov 15 2017, 7:18pm

Post #2 of 17 (4502 views)
Shortcut
Will get Royd out of their hair for the better part of the next decade.// [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

balbo biggins
Rohan

Nov 15 2017, 8:49pm

Post #3 of 17 (4492 views)
Shortcut
Cash [In reply to] Can't Post

To make up for backlash from the hobbit film and to protect their reputation?

Not sure of this is the right way to do that though. likely money though , they could be looking to do something with it.

malickfan
Gondor

Nov 15 2017, 8:58pm

Post #4 of 17 (4484 views)
Shortcut
If you can't beat them, join them// [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 15 2017, 9:15pm

Post #5 of 17 (4482 views)
Shortcut
They miss-heard [In reply to] Can't Post

and thought it was a Middle-earth Eurovision Series where contestants would sing the songs of Elves, Men and Tom Bombadil.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 15 2017, 10:28pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Nov 15 2017, 10:33pm

Post #6 of 17 (4465 views)
Shortcut
Cameos for All! [In reply to] Can't Post

They're ready for their close-ups.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 15 2017, 11:02pm

Post #7 of 17 (4463 views)
Shortcut
WHAT! There's gonna be a Middle EARTH television series? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's ok, as long as there's no Men, Hobbits, Elves, Talking Trees, Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls, Wizards, etc. to muck-up the beauteous landscape. Wink

Serial-ly, it's ALWAYS "Follow the Money!!" Shocked
That's just a "Cash" aside. Crazy

p.s. Welcome to "Main" - The "Moved" and "Locked" forum. (Just funnin') Angelic

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Nov 15 2017, 11:07pm)

malickfan
Gondor

Nov 15 2017, 11:09pm

Post #8 of 17 (4450 views)
Shortcut
They wanted to raise money to research and manufacture a line of fashionable taking purses// [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 16 2017, 3:10am

Post #9 of 17 (4422 views)
Shortcut
The 'Gamgee Ninja Cookware' infomercials were getting too few sales and too much law-enforcement attention./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Qweniden

Nov 16 2017, 3:16am

Post #10 of 17 (4428 views)
Shortcut
They did it for me [In reply to] Can't Post

To give a whole new crop of books to catalog and collect

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 16 2017, 3:18am

Post #11 of 17 (4429 views)
Shortcut
It is an altruistic effort [In reply to] Can't Post

to help the United Kingdom ameliorate their predicted isolation due to their recent political upheaval. Just look what Peter Jackson's films have done for New Zealand! Travel to these two islands at the far reaches of the Southern Hemisphere has boomed since his Middle-earth venture, and a visit here is now on nearly everyone's bucket list, is it not? New Zealand is Middle-earth. Or....?

There is an undisclosed agreement (I herewith bring it to your attention) between the Estate, the British government and Amazon for filming to be limited to the British Isles in the hope of doing the same for the UK. Location scouting has already been completed, and land is being set aside for holiday parks near each one. They will be designed as replicas of the Amazon series sets, completely true to the various cultures written of in Professor Tolkien's books, naturally. It will be a complete Middle-earth experience. Like royal progresses of old, fans from every continent will move from one location to another throughout the length and breadth of the country, staying for one or two days of selfies and authentic dining experiences and then moving on to the next location. Everything is to be built of permanent materials and will last for centuries.

They are bringing it all back home.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 3:51am

Post #12 of 17 (4409 views)
Shortcut
Royd finally got through to them :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 16 2017, 12:42pm

Post #13 of 17 (4384 views)
Shortcut
Brexit [In reply to] Can't Post

Elrond adds Gondor, Rohan, Shire and Galadriel to the group.

Elrond: So, let's solve Middle-earth's problems.
Gondor: Yes, please. Calling for aid!
Rohan: #PrayforGondor
Elrond: Maybe some more?
Shire: We have changed our profile pictures on social media.
Gondor: Dudes...
Elrond: Anyone?
Galadriel: Sorry, gotta protect my borders.
Elrond: But...
Galadriel: #Loxit

Galadriel left the group.
Sauron joins the group.

Gondor: Guys, there is a huge cloud over our capital...
Sauron: A hoax invented by the Elves.
Gondor: Um...

Sauron has deleted Gondor off the group.

Rohan: We should really sanction that Orc draught...
Sauron: LOL

Sauron has deleted Rohan off the group.

Sauron: #MMGA

Elrond leaves the group.

Shire: Guys?

;)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 16 2017, 12:48pm)

sador
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 8:47pm

Post #14 of 17 (4335 views)
Shortcut
The market price for legitimately appropriated cultures went through the roof. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 10:20pm

Post #15 of 17 (4315 views)
Shortcut
Smaug's daughter "Ozonée" demanded reparations for publishing video [In reply to] Can't Post

of her father's death without the express permission of the estate.

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 10:33pm

Post #16 of 17 (4305 views)
Shortcut
Plastics. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Nov 18 2017, 2:51am

Post #17 of 17 (4274 views)
Shortcut
*heh // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.