The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: TV Discussion: The Rings of Power:
Does it ever end lol?

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 15 2017, 1:33pm

Post #1 of 8 (5530 views)
Shortcut
Does it ever end lol? Can't Post

I was a long tim poster and lurker during the Lord of the Rings days and The Hobbit days. And I thought "A fitting end to an Era" Time to move on…

Now Christof Tolkien resigns and a massive TV series is underway. Yeah… it just never ends. Well, I'm back.

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 16 2017, 1:55am

Post #2 of 8 (5458 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, ecthelionsbeard! [In reply to] Can't Post

I definitely remember you. Good to see you back! Are you looking forward to anything in particular in the new series, or just happy to go along for another amazing ride? Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Eruonen
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 4:13am

Post #3 of 8 (5441 views)
Shortcut
Is it a good thing or bad thing for you? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know the end result will be determinative, but at this point, are you excited or merely watching it warily?

maut
Rivendell

Nov 16 2017, 6:44am

Post #4 of 8 (5423 views)
Shortcut
Quite the same feeling [In reply to] Can't Post

The adventure has no end... Whether it is good or not.

...and the sound of the kettle on his hearth was ever after more musical than it had been even in the quiet days before the Unexpected Party

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 16 2017, 2:56pm

Post #5 of 8 (5383 views)
Shortcut
The road goes ever on and on.... / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 16 2017, 8:45pm

Post #6 of 8 (5348 views)
Shortcut
Don't adventures ever have an end..... [In reply to] Can't Post

(No, they don't) Wink

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

ecthelionsbeard
Lorien

Nov 18 2017, 7:30am

Post #7 of 8 (5284 views)
Shortcut
Nothing in particular... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just overwhelmed by it all… Although I must say anything involving the Silmarillion entices me.

Ent Wife
The Shire

Nov 18 2017, 6:47pm

Post #8 of 8 (5231 views)
Shortcut
Exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

"The road goes ever on and on"

Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.