Eärendil and the Vingilot versus Quinton McHale and the PT-73

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 7 2017, 10:41pm

Post #1 of 7 (26484 views)
Shortcut
Eärendil and the Vingilot versus Quinton McHale and the PT-73 Can't Post

Who sinks whom?

Undercard: Aerandir, Erellont, and Falathar versus Ensign Parker, Gruber and "Tinker" Bell.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 9 2017, 5:54pm

Post #2 of 7 (26379 views)
Shortcut
And the true story emerges: [In reply to] Can't Post

Lt. Commander McBorgnine and the motley inept gaggle of PT-73 were quickly closing on the soon-to-be Flammifer of Westernesse and his boat of timber felled in Nimbrethil. But having no Silmaril as they struck the dreaded Night of Naught they were driven rudderless back across the Sundering Sea by a wind of power in Tarmenel where they were ship-wrecked near Plum Pudding Island.

Interesting side-note: Thirty-six PT boats later one Lt. JG John F. Kennedy gave swimming lessons at or near to this selfsame spot.

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

the 13th warrior
Rivendell

Nov 18 2017, 3:04pm

Post #3 of 7 (25856 views)
Shortcut
And after they were shipwrecked??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello BG, and now on the very same island they met another set of castaways?

"Gilligan, the skipper too, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the professor and Mary Ann....here on Gilligan's Island."

Might have a new reality show, McHale's Navy vs Gilligan"s Group for control of the island. Would be like "Survivor" - the sitcom edition.

The 13th Warrior, Left Field Caliphate
(From the scroll rooms of Gondor media archives, got "I Love Lucy" and "Leave It To Beaver" episodes all ready to go.... )

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 18 2017, 7:42pm

Post #4 of 7 (25837 views)
Shortcut
I'll try a couple episodes for laughs, but [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Might have a new reality show, McHale's Navy vs Gilligan"s Group for control of the island. Would be like "Survivor" - the sitcom edition.

(From the scroll rooms of Gondor media archives, got "I Love Lucy" and "Leave It To Beaver" episodes all ready to go.... )

I've always been partial to "Have Gun - Will Travel"...

Just never could figure if his first name was "Wire" and if he had a sidekick named "Will Travel"?! Crazy

Gandalf to Denethor

the 13th warrior
Rivendell

Nov 19 2017, 2:47am

Post #5 of 7 (25810 views)
Shortcut
Don"t bring Anduril to a gunfight??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello BG, if you're going with Have Gun Will Travel, I imagine you'd want Maverick, the Rifleman in there, and what about the folks from Bonanza, Gunsmoke?? Hot time in the old corral tonight.

{From the scroll rooms of Gondor, reading about that Wyatt Earp guy...}

ps did "Wire" on the card mean you should wire him as in use the telegraph to get him a message??

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 19 2017, 8:41pm

Post #6 of 7 (25732 views)
Shortcut
Howdy to you 13thW - you bring back memories [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, the “Wire” was telegraph. No phones yet I reckon.

Ah, the good old ‘50s – I was a teenager Smile giving away there…. And I feel fortunate to grow up in a time of cars of artwork; Milk Duds at the movies Tongue (always a double feature with a cartoon & news); candy cigarettes, …

I recall a trifecta on TV every week (one or the other). And I DO recall parts of the theme songs.

♪ Who is the tall dark stranger there. Maverick is the name.
Sugarfoot, Sugarfoot, easy lopin’ cattle ropin’ Sugarfoot.
Cheyanne, Cheyanne, where will you be campin’ tonight. Lonely man Cheyanne … ♪
Er, even the girls watched that big handsome bruiser Cheyanne (Clint Walker). * Swoon* Heart

“Oh, Cisco!” “Oh, Pancho!” “Yippee ki-yay” . . . .

Gandalf to Denethor

the 13th warrior
Rivendell

Nov 20 2017, 3:51am

Post #7 of 7 (25708 views)
Shortcut
Glaring omission?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello BG, i would feel remiss if i overlooked "The Wild Wild West" -- it broke some of the rules for the tv western with supernatural, 1800s sci fi, steampunk streak?? but robert conrad as jim west was great along with ross martin as artemus gordon, the reliable talented pardner. conrad said WWW was conceived as James Bond on horseback in the old west after the civil war. always thought shows were crazy creative in their plots and really entertaining. bonus!! with jim and artie you of course get dr. loveless, the incomparable michael dunn. might be fun add to the tv western reality show. loveless skilled in any survivor type conniving plotting vs others....

(From the scroll rooms of Gondor,
RIP Michael Garrison, WWW creator, who died tragically of a fatal fall, during the show's 2nd season. Gave something unique, interesting to the TV western.)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.