The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest LXIX

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 31 2017, 7:10pm

Post #1 of 14 (6101 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest LXIX Can't Post

Thanks very much to TORnsib and Fellow DeviantArt fan Kilidoescartwheels for picking me as the sixty-eighth winner of The Hobbit Caption Contest.

According to the sacred rules as handed down by The Inestimable Otaku-sempai I shall now hereby enter the sixty-ninth screenshot for all of you to caption:

The original screencap is here.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 31 2017, 11:41pm

Post #2 of 14 (6012 views)
Shortcut
"So much wine, and so little me!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 1:31am

Post #3 of 14 (6004 views)
Shortcut
"Hmm, What'll it be tonight? [In reply to] Can't Post

A fruity Beaujolais, a luscious Pinot Noir, an aromatic Bourgogne Rouge, or a smooth Cabernet Sauvignon? Nah! I'll stick with the hearty Red Dorwinion." Tongue

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 1 2017, 5:26am

Post #4 of 14 (5992 views)
Shortcut
Hobbits and Dwarves both liked to super-size their Lego blocks. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 1:42pm

Post #5 of 14 (5963 views)
Shortcut
"Wile E. Coyote...Super Genius" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 2:54pm

Post #6 of 14 (5957 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil has come up with an ingenius way to keep intruders out of his wine vault! [In reply to] Can't Post

A pressure-sensor in the trap door!Wink

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

Meneldor
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 4:48pm

Post #7 of 14 (5950 views)
Shortcut
How do the elves walk across this without falling through? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it like walking on top of snow? Or falling stone blocks?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 7:29pm

Post #8 of 14 (5937 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo had a sinking feeling this wasn't going to end well. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Nov 1 2017, 10:02pm

Post #9 of 14 (5922 views)
Shortcut
And so the teeter totter was invented, [In reply to] Can't Post

though on later reflection Bilbo realised it would be more fun with two people.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Nov 2 2017, 2:00am

Post #10 of 14 (5902 views)
Shortcut
It's a trap!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 2 2017, 2:58am

Post #11 of 14 (5898 views)
Shortcut
"Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 3 2017, 2:24pm

Post #12 of 14 (5775 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo learns the Mirkwood commercial flooring and installation Elves were less wise and more dangerous too // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 7 2017, 8:40pm

Post #13 of 14 (5716 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Go forth and post!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Loresilme
Valinor

Nov 8 2017, 11:41am

Post #14 of 14 (5669 views)
Shortcut
Neat!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Darkstone! I'll be right back with the next round!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Nov 8 2017, 11:42am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.