The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Gollum... Auckland Airport fisssshes

terrymerry
Rivendell

Oct 20 2017, 7:59pm

Post #1 of 3 (4712 views)
Shortcut
Gollum... Auckland Airport fisssshes Can't Post

terrymerry ...son of Kurt, son of Theo ... and I've come back to claim my true inheritance!... and that is

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/...Airport_terminal.jpg

Japanese artist Masayuki Ohash made this wonderful sculpture

Weta Wetashops design it

And I would say it was my Artwork, that was the concept for this design 2001..

http://www.epilogue.net/...-in-the-dead-marshes

:) ...?

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 22 2017, 8:26pm

Post #2 of 3 (4596 views)
Shortcut
Wrong airport ..... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... Wellington not Auckland.
At least it was the last time I saw it.

terrymerry
Rivendell

Oct 22 2017, 11:20pm

Post #3 of 3 (4574 views)
Shortcut
Wellington ... of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes ...Smile

Many years ago theonering.net ask me if they could use this image for some sort of function they were holding, not sure how they were going to used it, or even if they did. I gave my permission away.
I'm not looking to gain anything, apart from acknowledgement that the original concept was this Artwork... as an artist and a huge fan of Mr Tolkien it would be nice to be connected in a small way to his work ...
The way in which it was used in Wellington Airport looks pretty amazing. But you would know that since you have seen first hand Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.