First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2017, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 65 (902 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to Friday Fiesta! Can't Post

Hey everyone! I'm subbing today. :)

As always, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc. and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 4:28pm

Post #2 of 65 (820 views)
Shortcut
Weekend in the Berkshires! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, there, Evey! A cup of hot Constant Comment tea would be very nice, today, please.

Last weekend was spent with my awesome in-laws in the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts. For a couple in their late 80's, they do a lot of walking!

Here's the Kennedy Park in Lenox, a peaceful woodland with occasional farmland views.

We drove to the top of Mt. Greylock, the tallest peak in the state. Some days, hang gliders take off from here. In the second pic you can barely see a distant wind farm.

And we walked around Canoe Meadows, a bird sanctuary with ponds and marshes.

And migrating redwing blackbirds, a couple dozen taking over a tree (all those little black dots).

I'd love to make the pics larger so you can see the details, but that would make them far too large to post! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2017, 4:45pm

Post #3 of 65 (812 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

(And excellent tea choice, by the way! :) *pours*)

That's great that your in-laws are still so healthy! And what wonderful scenery.

Thank you for sharing the pictures, and I hope you have another great weekend, dernwyn! :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2017, 6:07pm

Post #4 of 65 (800 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign for the week* Thanks for having me as a sub today, and I hope you all have great weekends! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 20 2017, 7:56pm

Post #5 of 65 (796 views)
Shortcut
A long weekend here, [In reply to] Can't Post

which is rather nice timing at the end of a hectic first week of term.

Oh and how appropriate that it is Labour weekend. Cool

I have lots of gardening to do but I will have to be sensible as my hand injury is coming right at last and I don't want to make it worse. Lots of school work to do as well, but luckily I have an extra day to fit that in.

My favourite, the crab apple blossom, is in full swing. Heart Happy weekend, everyone!

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 20 2017, 7:58pm

Post #6 of 65 (790 views)
Shortcut
Fab photos [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks gorgeous!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 9:01pm

Post #7 of 65 (785 views)
Shortcut
Blossoms! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my favourite time of year: new green leaves coming through, blossoms popping out like hot popcorn kernels, and warming days with the promise of more to come. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 9:04pm

Post #8 of 65 (811 views)
Shortcut
Howdy to all my TORNsibs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope all are doing well!

Quick question. His anymore been said about the release of any of the deleted scenes from the Lord of the rings movies? I just haven’t been paying attention, but I have never lost interest in seeing those deleted scenes.

Thanks!

Permanent address: Into the West

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 9:05pm

Post #9 of 65 (793 views)
Shortcut
I would very much like to emulate them. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For a couple in their late 80's, they do a lot of walking!

I love walking but I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like to in the last few years. In related news, I'll be having more surgery on my hip in February next year as the first surgery didn't work. (The doc thinks it's the effect of scar tissue. I told them in January that something had gone wrong but kept getting fobbed off with 'just rest it and listen to your body'. "I am listening - you're the ones who aren't" [is what I didn't say]. Unimpressed )

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 9:07pm

Post #10 of 65 (794 views)
Shortcut
*falls over* [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty! Heart Heart

Were your ears burning?
http://newboards.theonering.net/...atest_reply;so=DESC;

It's lovely to see you here again. :)

Ataahua's stories

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 9:14pm

Post #11 of 65 (783 views)
Shortcut
Same to you, my dear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart

No, I have been meaning to get on here at least on Friday fiesta for months and stuff just comes up. But I never stop thinking about my torn sibs, and as I look at my map every day mentally I’m always here.

A large K&C, please, if I’m not too late.Heart

(This post was edited by Patty on Oct 20 2017, 9:15pm)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 9:21pm

Post #12 of 65 (780 views)
Shortcut
Patty!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

How are you?

I have no idea about the deleted scenes but it's marvellous to see you.

Storm clouds

Annael
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 9:35pm

Post #13 of 65 (780 views)
Shortcut
Hi Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

we were just talking about you, did you feel us?

Nice to see you.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Oct 20 2017, 9:36pm)

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 9:41pm

Post #14 of 65 (775 views)
Shortcut
Hi there! [In reply to] Can't Post

How are things in the U.K. ?

Good to “see” you!Heart

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 9:45pm

Post #15 of 65 (778 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Jody! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just saw your post about your dad’s friend's granddaughter Ellie. . That was just so horrible. How is she doing? Does she continue to improve?

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 20 2017, 10:06pm

Post #16 of 65 (768 views)
Shortcut
Oh no [In reply to] Can't Post

That is disappointing. I remember the moment I knew my first wrist fusion had failed, but I had to 'prove' it with xrays. And also the time the wire started working its way out of my hand, and I was spot on with that as well. You always know.

I hope the next surgery gets it sorted for you.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 20 2017, 10:07pm

Post #17 of 65 (768 views)
Shortcut
Yay Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

So lovely to see you again. Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 20 2017, 10:08pm

Post #18 of 65 (766 views)
Shortcut
Popcorn [In reply to] Can't Post

is a perfect description! Lovely photo.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2017, 10:50pm

Post #19 of 65 (767 views)
Shortcut
Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

We missed you! Do drop in and see us from time to time, will you? Heart

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 11:04pm

Post #20 of 65 (761 views)
Shortcut
Hi Starling! [In reply to] Can't Post

Has the earth calmed down a while for you guys over there? I think about NZ whenever there is a quake anywhere, and hope all stays well there Heart

Patty
Immortal

Oct 20 2017, 11:05pm

Post #21 of 65 (759 views)
Shortcut
Hi Silverlode... [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you too!Heart

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2017, 12:18am

Post #22 of 65 (750 views)
Shortcut
Patty! Lovely to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your ears must have been burning. :)

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Patty
Immortal

Oct 21 2017, 12:21am

Post #23 of 65 (749 views)
Shortcut
Kimikins! [In reply to] Can't Post

How ya doing, gal?HeartHeart

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2017, 12:27am

Post #24 of 65 (745 views)
Shortcut
Ah, I've missed being called that :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I always associate it with you, dear lady.

I'm doing pretty well, thanks. Ups and downs, but mostly ups. And all the better for seeing you!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 21 2017, 2:03am

Post #25 of 65 (743 views)
Shortcut
OMG! :D *flying tackle hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

IIRC, you're a K&C sibbie :D I just got introduced to K&C last spring. Uh... I almost kept this for myself ;)

Oh geez... it's so great to see you! I haven't heard anything about a release of deleted scenes *twitch* but that would be so delicious!

I hope Mr. Patty and you are doing GREAT! You are dearly missed, m'dear

*huggles*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.