Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Shadow of war, thoughts?

RangerOfTheNorthEast

Oct 17 2017, 3:56pm

Post #1 of 4 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Shadow of war, thoughts? Can't Post

First time posting here. So finished shadow of war a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else has played it and what there thoughts were? I personally loved it ignoring all the lore changing which wasn't too crazy I think. Smile

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 17 2017, 5:30pm

Post #2 of 4 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Review? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not likely to be playing this any time soon and TORn has no regular reviewer for this kind of material. If you are interested, maybe you could work up a full review of Middle-earth: Shadow of War and submit it for the home page.

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. -- The Doctor

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 22 2017, 4:01am

Post #3 of 4 (1623 views)
Shortcut
At Bleeding Cool: A Middle-earth: Shadow of War review [In reply to] Can't Post

Hanging With The Gondor Boys: A Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War Review: https://www.bleedingcool.com/...hadow-of-war-review/

"Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he."

Lio
Lorien

Nov 5 2017, 7:00pm

Post #4 of 4 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forums, I hope you stick around!

I still haven't finished the game but so far the story elements don't bother me as much as I thought they might. I get the impression that the writers know their Tolkien and try to work within the existing lore. Like, some of the ideas stretch things quite a bit without actually breaking them, if you know what I mean. But I'll need to finish the story to form a more complete opinion. Smile

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser! (Does anyone still use AIM?)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.