The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit caption contest LXVIII

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 14 2017, 10:41pm

Post #1 of 10 (3911 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit caption contest LXVIII Can't Post

And I have no idea what number that is!Blush Well I had so much to choose from, various clips and bits of fan art and such that this was a tough decision - but why not? Let's try something COMPLETELY different!

Now what could possibly have these guys SO amused? Use your imagination, but remember this is a family-friendly site!Wink

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 14 2017, 11:11pm

Post #2 of 10 (3855 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit cast discovers the art of Ezpeleta. [In reply to] Can't Post

And LXVIII = 68. Aren't you glad for our current numbering system? Although I'm sure it was a difficult transition at the time. Angelic

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 15 2017, 12:43am

Post #3 of 10 (3840 views)
Shortcut
When Sauron's all-seeing Eye gets a Wifi connection. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 15 2017, 5:06pm

Post #4 of 10 (3775 views)
Shortcut
"Guys, the new calendar is out!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 15 2017, 5:26pm

Post #5 of 10 (3770 views)
Shortcut
Zowz! Palantir shmalantir! This thing's boss! // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Lissuin
Valinor

Oct 15 2017, 8:19pm

Post #6 of 10 (3746 views)
Shortcut
Tranduil: "Yes, they will die....What does it matter? They are mortal." (SFX: very rapid bow draw) [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili: "Ha HA! That's my gal!"

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 16 2017, 1:25pm

Post #7 of 10 (3678 views)
Shortcut
Only one of them did not find the Kili/Tauriel fan art disturbing. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 22 2017, 12:49pm

Post #8 of 10 (3507 views)
Shortcut
lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

They really all do look upset, except for Kili Laugh!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Oct 22 2017, 12:51pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 23 2017, 8:43pm

Post #9 of 10 (3446 views)
Shortcut
That moment watching the EE when the guys discover PJ wasn't just joking about including the fountain scene // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 27 2017, 3:55pm

Post #10 of 10 (3374 views)
Shortcut
The Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was another tough choice, but it really HAD to be this one. Sorry it's taken so long to decide, but I trust Darkstone will have something up for us very soon. Thanks to everyone who played.

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.