Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
I hope Jackson releases a ultimate edition of all the ME movies with a new final cut and some new scenes.

Victariongreyjoy
Rivendell

Oct 13 2017, 4:37pm

Post #1 of 16 (3151 views)
Shortcut
I hope Jackson releases a ultimate edition of all the ME movies with a new final cut and some new scenes. Can't Post

What I would want in this new cut:

-More scenes involving Easterlings and Gondor soldiers fighting. Portray Gondor in a better light(adding new CGI scenes perhaps?
-Deleted scenes that were never included in any of the release into the final cut
-Remove the Gandalf and WK meeting. That was so untrue against the lore of Tolkien. NO WAY the WK could break and scare Gandalf that easily.
-Quick shots of victories around other areas in Middle Earth. Erebor, Dol Amroth, Rohan and other places celebrating victory over Sauron's forces. Just to show battles happening all over Middle Earth.
-Include some of the scenes that never made it into EE of the Hobbit trilogy. Especially Beorn been captured in Dol Goldur and more of him fighting the orcs in the last battle.
-Gandalf finding the palantir and watched the vision of Smaug leading orc army.

(This post was edited by Victariongreyjoy on Oct 13 2017, 4:43pm)

jlj93byu
Rivendell

Oct 16 2017, 4:50pm

Post #2 of 16 (3053 views)
Shortcut
Eventual Ultimate Edition [In reply to] Can't Post

While an eventual Ultimate Edition is likely, and has even been specifically addressed and spoken of, it is highly unlikely that we will get a different cut of the film. We may, however, at least get a special feature including deleted scenes. Many scenes were filmed that weren't included, and some of them can even be glimpsed in the trailers. Whether it's Legolas shooting Orcs in Lorien or Eowyn readying her sword to fight in the Glittering Caves. I've heard there is anywhere from 45-60 minutes of deleted scenes from each film, though most will very likely never be inserted into the films. Many of the scenes were removed because the story concerning them was changed, so they wouldn't fit into the narrative as it currently is.

Peter Jackson has spoken about an ultimate edition, and wanting it to have new special features that put us in the perspective of the director. He wants it to take us on the journey he went through as the director. I seem to recall an interview where he spoke about the deleted scenes and said he has no desire to re-cut the movies, aside from MAYBE (and he said it jokingly, if I remember, so probably not being serious), adding a quick glimpse of a feathered hat Tom Bombadil in the background somewhere. I remember thinking it wouldn't happen, and Peter was just having fun.

Anyways, you can google "Lord of the Rings ultimate edition" or even things looking for deleted scenes and you will find some more info. I remember several years ago seeing a website that had gathered all the screenshots from the trailers of scenes filmed but not included in any cut of the film.

jlj93byu
Rivendell

Oct 16 2017, 4:59pm

Post #3 of 16 (3052 views)
Shortcut
List of some deleted scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

I found this list from an old website that references deleted scenes listed in a wikipedia article. I couldn't find the wiki article anymore, but remember reading about most of these scenes in other locations:

Additional footage from the Battle of the Last Alliance in The Fellowship of the Ring prologue.
An obscure shot from the trailers of two Elven girls playing about in Rivendell.
Scene mentioned in The Fellowship of the Ring commentary, about an animal disrupting Frodo and Sam while they sleep, after seeing the Wood Elves. Many animals were used, including rabbits and deer.[10]
Dialogue from the Council of Elrond, such as Gandalf explaining how Sauron forged the One Ring.[10]
An attack by Orcs from Moria on Lothlórien after the Fellowship leaves Moria. Jackson replaced this with a more suspenseful entrance for the Fellowship. Much of the lost footage can be seen as promotional material on The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical DVD and tie-in books, documentary footage on the Extended Editions, and Trading Cards.
More Arwen footage, including a flashback scene of her first meeting with a beardless Aragorn (seen in The Two Towers teaser).
Faramir having a vision of Frodo becoming like Gollum.[13]
Footage of Arwen at Helm's Deep, cut by Jackson during a revision to the film's plot. Foreshadowing this sequence were scenes where Arwen and Elrond visit Galadriel at Lothlórien (seen in The Two Towers teaser trailer). The scene was edited down to a telepathic communication between Elrond and Galadriel.[13]
Théoden speaking to the troops in the armoury, prior to the Battle of Helm's Deep.
Éowyn defending the refugees in the Glittering Caves from Uruk-hai intruders.[27]
An unknown scene displayed in The Two Towers preview of Éomer lowering a spear while riding his horse in a forest.
Frodo and Sam fighting on the ground in Osgiliath (after Sam tackles Frodo away from the Ringwraith). The scene's fighting was deleted, but Frodo drawing Sting and pointing it at Sam after he is tackeled was left in.[28]
A line of dialogue during the death of Saruman, in which he reveals that Wormtongue poisoned Théodred, giving further context as to why Wormtongue kills Saruman and Legolas in turn kills Wormtongue.[29]
A conversation between Elrond and Arwen in a library in Rivendell, after Arwen decides to wait for Aragorn. Elrond leaves, saying, "You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore."[30]
Sam using the Light of Eärendil to pass the Watchers at Cirith Ungol.
Aragorn having his armour fitted during the preparations for the Battle of the Black Gate. This was the final scene filmed during principal photography.[17]
Sauron fighting Aragorn at the Black Gate. A computer-generated Troll was placed over Sauron due to Jackson feeling the scene was inappropriate. Sauron is also seen in a beautiful form as Annatar, Giver of Gifts.[17]
Also at the Black Gate sequence, Pippin was seen in the trailer holding a wounded Merry, a scene which takes place after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields upon Pippin discovering Merry under the mûmak.
Further epilogue footage, including that of Legolas and Gimli, as well as Éowyn and Faramir's wedding and Aragorn's death and funeral.[31]

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 16 2017, 5:29pm

Post #4 of 16 (3052 views)
Shortcut
Here's some others [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...ring=wedding;#869105

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

jlj93byu
Rivendell

Oct 16 2017, 5:42pm

Post #5 of 16 (3048 views)
Shortcut
Many Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Thank you, Darkstone! Now that I see this, I remember reading this list a couple years ago but totally forgot about it this morning. Thank you for linking it here!

I now remember thinking how silly it would have been for Gandalf to be eating toffee instead of smoking his pipe. So glad Ian McKellen knew his character well enough to fight for that.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2017, 9:36pm

Post #6 of 16 (3031 views)
Shortcut
This one would have been a nice followup note after The Hobbit films. [In reply to] Can't Post

A council of Elves debating whether or not an alliance with Men is feasible. (They decide not.) In the same council Legolas rises to scold his fellow Elves for not staying and assisting the race of Men with their fight against Sauron.

After Legolas' experiences with Bard and his men and women in the Battle of The Five Armies, his first-hand knowledge of their worth would carry some weight. Funny, isn't it, how working together and coming to know people as friends and allies can perhaps change our thinking about their race, gender, nationality, religion or whatever else appears to be "not quite like us." There is always hope.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2017, 9:41pm

Post #7 of 16 (3031 views)
Shortcut
And [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really really really like the wedding ones. More gorgeous frocks, more happiness before the final journey to the Grey Havens.

Silmaril
Rohan

Oct 17 2017, 6:44am

Post #8 of 16 (2974 views)
Shortcut
Deleted Scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope that these scenes will be released in some time as well as new documentaries! I love that stuff of LOTR.

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Oct 18 2017, 12:18am

Post #9 of 16 (2889 views)
Shortcut
Yes please! [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be fantastic!!

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Oct 23 2017, 1:58pm

Post #10 of 16 (2596 views)
Shortcut
My wishful desire is.. [In reply to] Can't Post

That PJ could "clean" the trilogy for a ULTRA HD release of the films.. That would be much like Blade Runner, just to perfect details that would pop up very obviously in ultra HD resolution. Like stunt double faces and very obvious masks for example.

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Nov 4 2017, 6:05am

Post #11 of 16 (2358 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's sad to think that we came pretty close to getting the Ultimate Edition PJ always wanted to make last year, but Warner Bros shot him down and rushed out that lazy $800 set.

PredatoR
Bree

Nov 6 2017, 7:36pm

Post #12 of 16 (2269 views)
Shortcut
ultimate editions [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't mind getting them as seperate ''deleted or extended scenes'' but only with full quality and hopefully with fully CGI complete.

In any case there are many fans that will insert these scenes if PJ or WB won't.

tiamy
Rivendell

Nov 7 2017, 2:16pm

Post #13 of 16 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...we haven't seen a lot of funny bloopers from the trilogy (I know there's a low quality video floating around for years in Youtube but I hope we get a lot of that in the Ultimate Edition)

My unlikely wish list: convert all appendicies/documentaries in HD! (unlikely because it was shot in SD)

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 27 2017, 10:39pm

Post #14 of 16 (1918 views)
Shortcut
Wait for the 25th Anniversary Edition... [In reply to] Can't Post

In the Extended Edition commentaries Peter Jackson frequently jokes about inserting cut and unseen footage into a "25th Anniversary Edition".

In Moria, for example, he talks about Gollum's design being wrong and says "...maybe we'll change him in the 25th Anniversary Edition". More recently, in Bot5A commentary, he even suggested editing Thranduil into FotR's prologue and converting the films into 3D.

As time has gone on these suggestions seem less and less like a joke. Maybe PJ was serious all along? We have a few years to wait yet Smile

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Nov 27 2017, 10:44pm)

Ronster

Dec 20 2017, 7:27pm

Post #15 of 16 (1650 views)
Shortcut
Missing Special Effect Shot [In reply to] Can't Post

1.Additional footage from the Battle of the Last Alliance in The Fellowship of the Ring prologue.
2.An obscure shot from the trailers of two Elven girls playing about in Rivendell.
3.Scene mentioned in The Fellowship of the Ring commentary, about an animal disrupting Frodo and Sam while they sleep, after seeing the Wood Elves. Many animals were used, including rabbits and deer.[10]
4.Dialogue from the Council of Elrond, such as Gandalf explaining how Sauron forged the One Ring.[10]
5.An attack by Orcs from Moria on Lothlórien after the Fellowship leaves Moria. Jackson replaced this with a more suspenseful entrance for the Fellowship. Much of the lost footage can be seen as promotional material on The Fellowship of the Ring theatrical DVD and tie-in books, documentary footage on the Extended Editions, and Trading Cards.
6.More Arwen footage, including a flashback scene of her first meeting with a beardless Aragorn (seen in The Two Towers teaser).
7.Faramir having a vision of Frodo becoming like Gollum.[13]
8.Footage of Arwen at Helm's Deep, cut by Jackson during a revision to the film's plot. Foreshadowing this sequence were scenes where Arwen and Elrond visit Galadriel at Lothlórien (seen in The Two Towers teaser trailer). The scene was edited down to a telepathic communication between Elrond and Galadriel.[13]
Théoden speaking to the troops in the armoury, prior to the Battle of Helm's Deep.
9.Éowyn defending the refugees in the Glittering Caves from Uruk-hai intruders.[27]
10.An unknown scene displayed in The Two Towers preview of Éomer lowering a spear while riding his horse in a forest.
11.Frodo and Sam fighting on the ground in Osgiliath (after Sam tackles Frodo away from the Ringwraith). The scene's fighting was deleted, but Frodo drawing Sting and pointing it at Sam after he is tackeled was left in.[28]
12. A line of dialogue during the death of Saruman, in which he reveals that Wormtongue poisoned Théodred, giving further context as to why Wormtongue kills Saruman and Legolas in turn kills Wormtongue.[29]
13. A conversation between Elrond and Arwen in a library in Rivendell, after Arwen decides to wait for Aragorn. Elrond leaves, saying, "You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore."[30]
14. Sam using the Light of Eärendil to pass the Watchers at Cirith Ungol.
15.Aragorn having his armour fitted during the preparations for the Battle of the Black Gate. This was the final scene filmed during principal photography.[17]
16. Sauron fighting Aragorn at the Black Gate. A computer-generated Troll was placed over Sauron due to Jackson feeling the scene was inappropriate. Sauron is also seen in a beautiful form as Annatar, Giver of Gifts.[17]
17. Also at the Black Gate sequence, Pippin was seen in the trailer holding a wounded Merry, a scene which takes place after the Battle of the Pelennor Fields upon Pippin discovering Merry under the mûmak.
18. Further epilogue footage, including that of Legolas and Gimli, as well as Éowyn and Faramir's wedding and Aragorn's death and funeral.[31]

I numbered these to explain..
1 + 2 are both in the extended prologue that was edited down at the last minute. originally 7 - 8 minutes long.
4. Dialogue used in a trailer.
5. Really would like to see this scene complete the footage needs to be graded as if at night though.
12. I don't think that is correct I think there is more likely a scene of Wormtoungue poisoning Theodred. Shot of Eomer lowering his spear part of Theodred found wounded from trailer.

I discovered a bit of missing Footage to add to this list today it is from Fellowship of the Ring.

After the fellowship leave Lothlórien when we see them in the boats intercut with the Uruks there is missing special effects shots of Sarumans crows. You can hear the sound of the crows and Legolas, Aragorn looking at them but no sign of them. This explains how the Uruks find them so quick also.

I would very much like to see a new release with new special features don't mind subtle tweaks / changes but nothing too revisionistic unless it is absolutely worth it.

Final Cut?

Ronster

Dec 20 2017, 8:09pm

Post #16 of 16 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Don't always need CGI [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I don't mind getting them as seperate ''deleted or extended scenes'' but only with full quality and hopefully with fully CGI complete.

In any case there are many fans that will insert these scenes if PJ or WB won't.

In the case of Helms Deep if you notice when they decide to break out and fight at Dawn There is the CG shot of them going down the Ramp to helms deep on horses but there was also a live action version where they came down through the set on horseback surrounded by Stuntmen in Uruk Costumes and possibly went out the Gap in the Wall and not down the main entrance. There is behind the scenes footage of riding out the gate of which both Aragorn and Eowyn enter Helms deep.

Anyway the full what was it 36 minute Helms Deep original length which was shortened to 24 or 26 minutes would be a great bonus feature.

Also in terms of Fellowship on Amon Hen if you lose some of the growling at the camera "Lurtz" shots when Aragorn is atop the watch tower there is further fighting that was cut here.

Similarly when Haldir is Slain at Helms Deep further fighting of Aragorn battling up the stairs was also cut here.

(This post was edited by Ronster on Dec 20 2017, 8:18pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.