Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
The LOTR Caption Contest CLXV
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Alveric
Bree

Oct 11 2017, 2:10pm

Post #1 of 30 (1766 views)
Shortcut
The LOTR Caption Contest CLXV Can't Post

Welcome to Clix-vee. As the bug said when jumping off a cliff, Earwigo!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 11 2017, 6:22pm

Post #2 of 30 (1645 views)
Shortcut
The Gondorians forget the second part of their mission when ordered to search 'high and low' for the missing Hobbit. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 12 2017, 1:27am)

noWizardme
Valinor

Oct 11 2017, 7:16pm

Post #3 of 30 (1650 views)
Shortcut
When we said 'Gondor calls for aid!' we didn't expect some doofus on the parapet throwing paper towels [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~
Where's that old read-through discussion?
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 11 2017, 7:32pm

Post #4 of 30 (1648 views)
Shortcut
Love it!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This post is going places!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 11 2017, 7:50pm

Post #5 of 30 (1645 views)
Shortcut
"It's a wraith!" "It's crebain!!" "No, it's SuperSteward!!!" "Er, is he supposed to be on fire?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Oct 11 2017, 8:05pm)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Oct 11 2017, 7:55pm

Post #6 of 30 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Look! It's the grim reaper! It's a Dementor! No it is a Nazgul!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 11 2017, 8:03pm

Post #7 of 30 (1636 views)
Shortcut
"They sure grow their mosquitoes big 'round here!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"Or is that a dumbledor?"

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.” -- The Doctor

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 11 2017, 9:14pm

Post #8 of 30 (1622 views)
Shortcut
"SURRENDER FRODO" [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo? Who's Frodo?!

The Wizard will explain it!

The Wizard!

The Wizard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_k9iNHRH4Q

(dah dah dah dah dah dah!)Evil

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 11 2017, 9:21pm

Post #9 of 30 (1615 views)
Shortcut
"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little Sam, too!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 11 2017, 9:44pm

Post #10 of 30 (1617 views)
Shortcut
"It's all right! You can get up now. He's gone!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 11 2017, 11:55pm

Post #11 of 30 (1599 views)
Shortcut
LOL! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 12 2017, 1:28am

Post #12 of 30 (1587 views)
Shortcut
"Is that a woman on the set? You mean, we have a female character in this movie? How did that happen?"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 12 2017, 6:01pm

Post #13 of 30 (1515 views)
Shortcut
Simon says, "Look up/Mouths open!" [In reply to] Can't Post

The Great Gondorian "Simon Says Contest" is now down to two bigs and one little.

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Oct 12 2017, 11:38pm

Post #14 of 30 (1489 views)
Shortcut
The yellow brick road goes ever on and on./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2017, 8:39am

Post #15 of 30 (1456 views)
Shortcut
"It's a dangerous business, Toto, going out your door." / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Oct 13 2017, 8:40am)

sador
Half-elven

Oct 13 2017, 1:41pm

Post #16 of 30 (1433 views)
Shortcut
"I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings / coming down is the hardest thing." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 13 2017, 1:52pm

Post #17 of 30 (1436 views)
Shortcut
"Somewhere with a pale green glow..." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2017, 3:45pm

Post #18 of 30 (1429 views)
Shortcut
GO GREEN! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so over rainbows! What's wrong with a good green tint?!

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 13 2017, 4:13pm

Post #19 of 30 (1424 views)
Shortcut
"The world is changed. I smell it in the air. I feel it in the earth. I feel it in the wat... I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world, what a world!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Oct 13 2017, 5:41pm

Post #20 of 30 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Mo--ri--a. Mo--ohhhh--ri--a.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 13 2017, 5:56pm

Post #21 of 30 (1414 views)
Shortcut
"If I take one more step, Mr. Frodo, I've a feeling we won't be in Kansas any more." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2017, 6:59pm

Post #22 of 30 (1415 views)
Shortcut
- "Who would've thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!" [In reply to] Can't Post

- "I am no 'good little girl'!"

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Oct 13 2017, 7:00pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Oct 13 2017, 7:47pm

Post #23 of 30 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Have you run out of those nice shiny hearts?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 13 2017, 8:16pm

Post #24 of 30 (1397 views)
Shortcut
"Well, you didn't have to go and hit me, did ya? Is my nose bleeding?" ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2017, 9:26pm

Post #25 of 30 (1392 views)
Shortcut
G: "My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow." [In reply to] Can't Post

L: "If I were the King of the Forest.....!"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.