Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I need The Hobbit Trilogy EE Blu Ray in the box with the map.

TheArgonath

Oct 11 2017, 7:17am

Post #1 of 7 (3058 views)
Shortcut
I need The Hobbit Trilogy EE Blu Ray in the box with the map. Can't Post

I ordered this on Amazon and it was just the flimsy paper box so I promptly sent it back. Looking to get the nice box with the map. Anyone know where I may purchase this? I've searched high and low. Only one I can find is a used copy on ebay being sold by someone in Georgia who responds to negative reviews with poor grammar.. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 11 2017, 11:17am

Post #2 of 7 (3013 views)
Shortcut
Are you talking about the wood-shelf set? [In reply to] Can't Post

This one? I did a quick Google search and found that Best Buy is advertising it... but you could also check the Warner Bros. shop. The set was released by them :)

This set has all 6 films, though. LotR and Hobbit. It's truly beautiful!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

TheArgonath

Oct 11 2017, 3:40pm

Post #3 of 7 (2980 views)
Shortcut
That one is awesome but I don't need that one. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking for just the basic Hobbit EE trilogy on blu ray that comes in the nice, cardboard box with Erebor map on the lid/cover. Basically, the one that matches the LOTR EE box.

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Oct 11 2017, 8:46pm

Post #4 of 7 (2959 views)
Shortcut
You can try [In reply to] Can't Post

The Canadian Amazon site (amazon. ca) (close the gap before the 'ca'). They may not have exactly what you're looking for, but they have others that you might like. For example, do a search on that site for "The Hobbit Trilogy - Extended Edition 3D [Blu-ray 3D + 2D] [Region Free]". This will show you one set that has both the regular Blu-ray and the 3D Blu-ray extended movies. It's sold by another company but fulfilled by Amazon, so it should be easy to return if it turns out to be unsatisfactory. The cost is $80 Cdn, which with the exchange will be less in $$US.

If you don't like that one, there may be something else that you'll like. Good luck!

Sorry I can't provide links, but I'm sending this from a mini-tablet, and don't know how to do links with it. (maybe some kind admin -- or any one else -- can do that for me?) Admins, also, if I've crossed a line here, regarding posting things for sale, please feel free to edit, or even delete.

TheArgonath

Oct 11 2017, 9:22pm

Post #5 of 7 (2956 views)
Shortcut
This is the one I want [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/The-Hobbit-Trilogy-Extended-Edition-Blu-ray-Set-Up-for-Pre-Order.shtml

I appreciate the suggestion but it says the item can't be shipped to me in the US. You are right though. It looks like they ship the right one.

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Oct 11 2017, 10:13pm

Post #6 of 7 (2948 views)
Shortcut
The set [In reply to] Can't Post

I referenced from the Canadian Amazon site is also available on the US Amazon site, for $50. Same situation, sold by another company but fulfilled by Amazon. It states that it's a UK import, but it's region-free so you shouldn't have a problem. Judging from the first review posted, this seems to be just what you're looking for. If it is, you'd better order soon -- they only have 2 left!

Note: the digital download/ultraviolet from this set won't work on US players, but that's the only drawback, as far as I can tell.

(This post was edited by Alassea Elensar on Oct 11 2017, 10:18pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 12 2017, 11:01am

Post #7 of 7 (2884 views)
Shortcut
If you Google search it [In reply to] Can't Post

it's at Wal-Mart, Best Buy and a few other regular stores. I also saw a few on eBay. I think you'll have your best luck there at a good price :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.