Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Valinor

Oct 5 2017, 3:33am

Post #76 of 90 (479 views)
Shortcut
Mom knows best [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right...Mom's do have that sixth/seventh/eighth sense, or however many they keep hidden from us. Wink

Wow, I never realized the drive from Michigan to Maryland was that long! Yeah, I'm hoping to be back by Christmas at the least, but international travel sometimes gets wonky around those several days.

I'd love to go back to NZ, but part of me would feel bad for not going somewhere new instead. Thankfully I've got my list of still-to-do's on hand, whenever I do take the plunge and sprint back to NZ. (Starling's ready to set a coffee date with Midgey at a moment's notice.)

Either way, I need to make a decision soon before prices start skyrocketing. Decisions are the worst thing ever! Angelic

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Valinor

Oct 5 2017, 3:37am

Post #77 of 90 (475 views)
Shortcut
Hehe [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably for the best that I fell asleep and missed the book sale. Laugh My mom thought the new library card would help me cut back on the book buying (at least in the near future). We shall see! Evil

Yeah...just need to give myself the go-ahead for this trip! I'm bad at saying 'you deserve this' and actually doing the part where you follow through and reward yourself with it.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Auxerre
Rivendell

Oct 5 2017, 8:01pm

Post #78 of 90 (469 views)
Shortcut
Hey you!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't remember when I've even lurked, but last week, for some reason, I was feeling some really strong TORn vibes so I thought I'd stop by and see how things are going. Maybe it's the time of year?

I hope everything is going well with you. I imagine you're still in your lovely home in Chi? If passing through ORD counts as visiting, then I've been several times recently (new job, more travel).

Wouldn't it be great to have the chance to get together again? In terms of venue, the hotel for Ro's wedding was probably the best thing ever. It was like our own village, with all those walkways and connected patios. Heck, I'd take almost any venue - I'd just love to see everybody again!

Auxerre
Rivendell

Oct 5 2017, 8:05pm

Post #79 of 90 (471 views)
Shortcut
Fancy meeting you here :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy!! I'm really glad to see you -- what it is about this time of year that makes me get all TORN and LOTR-nostalgic? Is this the time of year we build Kleenex Mountain? Or was this about the time of year that Ro got married? In any event, I'm glad you're here :-)

And thanks for the well wishes -- I may have not always made good decisions in the past (even the recent past), but I made the best decision of my life in January 2014 Heart

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 6 2017, 1:41am

Post #80 of 90 (443 views)
Shortcut
That was one of my most fun weekends ever [In reply to] Can't Post

That wedding was magical - great location, great friends, everything.

I would love to see you again - and have a proper Moot. Been too long.

I still have my place - 10 years this past summer!!!!

Went to NZ a year ago and stayed with the Telcontars. The boys are getting so big and their daughter is just the cutest ever. I hope to get back soon but I have to replace my windows so the bank account is hurting. Are you still down south? I used to be the travel girl, now it's you. I'm not on the road so much anymore, thanks to technology Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 6 2017, 11:34am

Post #81 of 90 (429 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh... Kleenx Mountain :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Spring and Fall are the times I'm MOST reflective of those great, magical moots. Oh, Sister... I loved the marathons when we could just bawl and laugh and get messed up :D But I have to admit the weekend of Ro and NZStrider's wedding will always move me the most. So wonderful and magical. *warm hug*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 7 2017, 12:54am

Post #82 of 90 (403 views)
Shortcut
Just promise me [In reply to] Can't Post

you will fly in and not rely on that silly ferry! Laugh

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 7 2017, 5:12pm

Post #83 of 90 (394 views)
Shortcut
take the train! [In reply to] Can't Post

I trained from D.C. to Chicago and then on to Seattle in January a few years ago, with blizzards and all kinds of fun . . . I just watched it all blow past in the comfort of my "roomette" with a nice glass of wine.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

cats16
Valinor

Oct 7 2017, 10:58pm

Post #84 of 90 (373 views)
Shortcut
I promise! [In reply to] Can't Post

Never taking that ferry again. Laugh

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 7 2017, 11:19pm

Post #85 of 90 (371 views)
Shortcut
But [In reply to] Can't Post

you will miss all the fun!

cats16
Valinor

Oct 7 2017, 11:27pm

Post #86 of 90 (369 views)
Shortcut
*grabs paper bag* [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh boy, that brings back memories. I love the insightful commentary in that video. "I'll say, that just looks terrible." You have NO idea, guy! Laugh

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 7 2017, 11:36pm

Post #87 of 90 (366 views)
Shortcut
You'd be lucky to stay in your seat in that swell, [In reply to] Can't Post

let alone standing or walking around!

Nope. All of the nope.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 8 2017, 3:21am

Post #88 of 90 (353 views)
Shortcut
According to the [In reply to] Can't Post

comments below the clip, freight ferries like this one continue to operate when the swell is above six metres, whereas the passenger ones don't. (I don't know if that's accurate or not.)
I do agree with the person who commented that the freight ferry crews have 'cast iron guts'. Crazy

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 8 2017, 3:23am

Post #89 of 90 (352 views)
Shortcut
Lol [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember a particularly vile ferry crossing as a child. Paper bags were of no use to me. Anything else would be TMI.

Did you know that there are dozens and dozens of vomit inducing clips like this on YouTube, for your viewing pleasure? Such fun. Laugh

cats16
Valinor

Oct 8 2017, 4:25am

Post #90 of 90 (342 views)
Shortcut
Geez [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh joy, that sounds like quality family entertainment. Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.