Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
New York Comic Con this weekend - a gathering for Middle-earth: Shadow of War fans

NewsfromBree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 2 2017, 10:32am

Post #1 of 2 (6267 views)
Shortcut
New York Comic Con this weekend - a gathering for Middle-earth: Shadow of War fans Can't Post

New York Comic Con is almost here! Alas, TheOneRing.net won't be there this year; for a number of reasons, we aren't able to have our usual booth and party at this NYCC. But don't despair - it doesn't mean we'll never be back! We are hoping to see Ringers take Manhattan again next year - so mark your calendars to moot in the Big Apple 2018.

Meanwhile - for those of you who will be in New York City this coming weekend, there is an event for Middle-earth fans! Our friends at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions are celebrating the Middle-earth: Shadow of War game with a special gathering on Thursday 5th October. Full details can be found here. We're told there will be food, drinks, giveaways and more! Even if you're not a gamer, it seems like a great chance to hang out with some fellow Middle-earth fans. Limited capacity so get there early!

And if you are at New York Comic Con this weekend, please do share with us any Tolkien related sightings or fun. Have a great time!

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Oct 3 2017, 1:35pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 2 2017, 4:12pm

Post #2 of 2 (6260 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be at NYCC and I had not yet read about this event for the con. I'm sure there are at least a few TORn members who might want to attend this (even as there are others who don't feel that such games reflect the spirit of Tolkien's Middle-earth).

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.” -- The Doctor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.