Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond!! September 28

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 28 2017, 12:20pm

Post #1 of 3 (602 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond!! September 28 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

As Fall is finally here in Michigan and Spring is finally there in NZ, I still can't believe it's already the end of September!

I hope you're having great satisfaction in your progress. Sometimes just getting in a few miles is great progress for the week... but it all counts :D

I'm still working on big projects inside and out while the weather hangs on. The trees are turning colour, so I'll definitely fit in as many country-road walks as possible! There's also a collapsing, abandonded farmhouse, barn and outbuildings that's beckoning to me for a visit. I feel drawn to these and think about the days when it was filled with family, hard work and alive with daily life. I can still feel the residues of all of that, especially when there's furniture still inside. I don't even have to walk in thanks to missing exterior walls. I just look and visit. It's so sad, but beautiful in its own way.

So how are you coming along? Do give us an update on what you're doing and what your goals are :D Shoot me a PM if you'd like some help on finding where you are on the charts or what this Walk is all about.

My Progress: 32 miles
Cumulated 163 miles of the 578 miles into the Ride with Merry and the Rohirrim on the never-ending ride to Dunharrow! The trees are changing as pine trees are showing up more and more.

TORn Walk to Rivendell – and Beyond! Resources
For Newbies and the Curious - an explanatory note

FYI - How I track my mileage

gramma's charts
This the the link to TORn's Walk to Rivendell and Beyond charts for Bilbo's return journey from the Lonely Mountain. Please let me know if there are any corrections or suggestions you have for them :)
https://sites.google.com/site/tornswalktorivendell/

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 5 2017, 11:32am

Post #2 of 3 (548 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

I hope you're enjoying great adventures on your journey with the Fellowship as we scatter across Middle-earth. The weather here in Michigan is PERFECT for long walks as the trees begin to turn colour and the temps are strong sweater weather *geekyhand clapping* MY TIME OF YEAR!

How are you fairing? Each season gives us new opportunities to accumulate mileage... so do you find yourself changing your routine to accommodate the weather or work/school schedules? DO TELL!

My Progress: 36 miles
Cumulated 199 miles of the 578 miles into the Ride with Merry and the Rohirrim finally reach Dunharrow! On the path leading from the Valley up the side of the mountain to Dunharrow, Merry sees the ancient statues of Púkel-men that marked each turn of the road.

gramma's charts
This the the link to TORn's Walk to Rivendell and Beyond charts for Bilbo's return journey from the Lonely Mountain. Please let me know if there are any corrections or suggestions you have for them :)
https://sites.google.com/site/tornswalktorivendell/

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 12 2017, 11:08am

Post #3 of 3 (485 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 12 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Well... here we are at mid-October ALREADY! The weather here in mid-Michigan has started to cool down and the trees are blazing with colour! It makes my walks on these farm roads breath-taking.

How are you coming along? I hope the mileage you're accumulating is fun! I love having so many options on how we can gather our mileage :D

So do tell... how's it going?

My Progress: 37 miles
Cumulated 236 miles of the 578 miles into the Ride with Merry and the Rohirrim left Dunharrow and rode to the Muster of Rohan; but Théoden tells Merry he cannot continue with the Rohirrim. Dejected, he makes friends with a young rider called Dernhelm.

gramma's charts

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Oct 12 2017, 11:10am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.