Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
***Kicks open door*** IT'S A BIRTHDAY FIESTA FRIDAY!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 22 2017, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 28 (476 views)
Shortcut
***Kicks open door*** IT'S A BIRTHDAY FIESTA FRIDAY!!! Can't Post

What a day, what a day!!! We have Bilbo and Frodo sharing their Birthday; it's National Hobbit Day, it's the last day of our Party of Special Magnificence (though the funs still continues) AND it the First Day Of Fall!!! *whew* How can we stand the excitement!?!

So what has your week been like? Or what plans to you have for your weekend? Are you HAVING A HOBBITY PARTY?

*snaps towel* Do tell what drink you'd like to have to celebrate this most AWESOME DAY!

*Kicks jukebox*Weird Al visits The Hobbit

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 22 2017, 4:04pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 22 2017, 4:29pm

Post #2 of 28 (435 views)
Shortcut
Just tea, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

A tall raspberry-flavoured iced tea, that is! Laugh

Great elephants, there are quite a few games, I've had the chance to play only a few of them! I'll have to make up for that this weekend. The Mad Lib is going along nicely, only a handful left before I can post the "results". Angelic

It's supposed to be hot here this weekend, 80's no less, but I do see some leaves starting to turn, and the Fall housecleaning is beckoning.

How has your own clean-out been going, gramma? Can you imagine the amount of clean-out Frodo did before moving to Crickhollow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 22 2017, 4:45pm

Post #3 of 28 (433 views)
Shortcut
*spasm* Cleaning!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate to think of Frodo cleaning out Crickhollow AND Bag End! SCARY! My cleaning has taken the back seat for the past couple of weeks as I've had some repairs to do around the house... and a visit from a plumber. Probably the first of 3 visits. I told him to go the the basement and wherever he saw a bucket... look up!

The weather yesterday (21st) here in mid-Michigan hit a heat index of 103 degrees f! It's only up to about 98 today (so they say). Incredible!

The trees have been turning for a week now, and the geese started flying south the first week of September. Weather and geese... go figure!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend :D STAY WARM!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 22 2017, 5:02pm

Post #4 of 28 (426 views)
Shortcut
**HANGS OUT SELF-SERVE SIGN** Have a wonderful weekend everyone :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 22 2017, 7:32pm

Post #5 of 28 (420 views)
Shortcut
*helps self to a hot chocolate* [In reply to] Can't Post

*adds Bailey's*

It's been an odd week - although I'll go back to last Saturday when a rep from the telco I'm with knocked on my door and wanted to change my service over to wireless. There hadn't been a notice from the company that this was happening and when I asked for his ID, he got offended, then upgraded to belligerent when I asked for details about the new contract. He calmed down a bit when I made the point that my questions weren't about *him* but how the company operated - then he made a dig at my age.

Git.

Then this week we finally got two days of sunshine! In a row! I truly don't remember when that last happened this year. (The Metservice announced yesterday that it had been an unusually wet 2017. Really?? I hadn't noticed.)

Today is the last day for voting in the General Election so it'll be a big night on the couch flicking between two channels as the results come in. I need election day food and drink - any suggestions?

Have a great end of the week, everyone. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 22 2017, 7:51pm

Post #6 of 28 (411 views)
Shortcut
A day of great significance! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's my dear old dad's birthday today - long-departed, but still missed. Not to mention that we happen to have our General Election today! I voted early, to mark the 124th anniversary of New Zealand women gaining the vote. And I'll say no more about the matter, or I'll have to mod my own post out of existence :)

It's been a week of much rushing about and looking for handkerchiefs, so I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend. We're going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow (it's a great time of year for birthdays! Of course it just happens to be nine months after the holiday season...), and today if this pleasant spring weather holds we'll be out in the garden.

I'll help myself to some fizz, and wish everyone a pleasant weekend.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2017, 9:42pm

Post #7 of 28 (400 views)
Shortcut
"I need election day food and drink - any suggestions? " [In reply to] Can't Post

Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. Whittaker's dark anything. Maybe the Mandarin or plum or coffee ones, too.
And if the sun does shine all day (as it is here), sausages outside on a grill, with lots of rolls and gooey, sweet-ish condiments, but also mustard and maybe feijoa chutney. (I have a friend with a very prolific tree who is a bottling fiend.)
And vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and melted frozen blueberries OR maple syrup and walnuts OR feijoa jam. Or hokey pokey in a waffle cone.
And pinot noir from Wairarapa, lots of that.
And gingernuts to dunk in coffee.

Hang in there. Breeeeeath. That goes for Alienorchid, Kimi, Moahunter, Roheryn, Starling, and everyone else down here.

We have to adjust the tv antenna after all the wind storms these past weeks so we can watch tv today. Other than that, all is fine down here. (breathing)

First breakfast, then all the rest of the above.

Have a great Hobbit Birthday day up north, all. September 22 is my uncle's birthday, too. That's three very nice folks on the same day. SmileSmileSmile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 22 2017, 9:56pm

Post #8 of 28 (396 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear you're having a calm-weather day! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're all getting knocked about one way or another, aren't we?

I see a lot of sugar in your nibbles suggestions. A lady after my own heart. Cool

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 22 2017, 10:51pm

Post #9 of 28 (394 views)
Shortcut
And as we speak, [In reply to] Can't Post

I am eating Vogel's bread French toast with maple syrup for first Saturday morning breakfast (a bit late) (Sorry, talking with my mouth full).
The rest comes later. I'm set. 'Hope you are, too!Wink

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2017, 4:03am

Post #10 of 28 (381 views)
Shortcut
Soon after reading your post [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw this: Election night eats to suit every voter. Of course I at once thought of you. :)

We have fizz, and croissants, and dip, and fancy little cakes. And Firefly to watch. :)

My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2017, 4:36am

Post #11 of 28 (378 views)
Shortcut
I really like the jellybeans idea. [In reply to] Can't Post

The perfect topper on top of cake and frosting. Smile

We (he) got the TV antenna fixed. (phew) Now a brisk walk and then some manic busy-work house cleaning until the hour.

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2017, 5:08am

Post #12 of 28 (372 views)
Shortcut
From the "more is more" school of cuisine :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be glued to the Radio NZ coverage, with charts, etc, interrupting our DVD watching with sighs and (hopefully) squeals. Fortunately Mr Kimi is a man of endless patience :)

My historical novels

- A Room With a View

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 23 2017, 5:20am

Post #13 of 28 (372 views)
Shortcut
I forgot about Radio NZ being on TV. [In reply to] Can't Post

I may have to channel-skip across three channels.

I've opted for pate on crackers and bubbly. And I've just realised I have a dire lack of chocolate. This can't be good.

But yay Firely! :)

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2017, 6:39am

Post #14 of 28 (365 views)
Shortcut
Firefly! [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed it when it first came out, but friends here got me to watch all their DVD's. It was weird knowing the whole time that there was only one season to watch, but not as weird as it was for you who were in the middle of it when it ended. Jewel Staite was on a panel at the Wellington Armaggedon/Comic Con this year. I helped a bit when my young friend of the DVD family made The Pink Dress for the con a couple of years before, then she wore it to her senior ball. She was a big hit. Fans are such fun people!Smile

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 23 2017, 7:15am

Post #15 of 28 (359 views)
Shortcut
Radio with pictures...and John Campbell. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be channel hopping but I think RadioNZ will be my preference.
I just hope the final result won't depend on Winston.
I'm hopeful that the young vote will swing it.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 7:35am

Post #16 of 28 (356 views)
Shortcut
It was a good day. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing for me; I have to leave for work in a few minutes.

I've made a "sale" to the new Middle-earth gaming webzine The Hall of Fire (which can't actually pay for the material it accepts for publication). It was for my newly revised and updated timeline for Peter Jackson's Middle-earth films. Now to see if the 'zine endures long enough for my piece to see publication! It is expected to come out in December.

The first issue of The Hall of Fire can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_YG4IU49eRjU0FXOXBycDNmLVU

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.” -- The Doctor

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 12:29pm

Post #17 of 28 (333 views)
Shortcut
Was he a legit Git? [In reply to] Can't Post

One Baileys and Hot Chocolate... and how about some black and white cookies? ;) Gotta have ICE CREAM and mmmm.... nachos!

*spit* Git. I got messed over by a Git this past week, too. Why do these people need to hurt others? I'm still staggered by it.

I really hope you're ok. The sunshine is a good omen :D AND I hope the election turned out the way you hoped ;)

Here's shooting good vibes your way for a wonderful weekend, week, month, year, decade, CENTURY! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 12:35pm

Post #18 of 28 (328 views)
Shortcut
Got some fizz right here [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry.... nothing in plastic for you today! I celebrate my parent's b'days, too. They're really never gone :)

I hope the election turned out for you ;) And yes to self-control for me, too!

You scared me when you said you were looking for handkerchiefs! Are you off on an adventure? My newest Pavlovian response ;)

Have a WONDERFUL weekend, m'dear!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 12:41pm

Post #19 of 28 (327 views)
Shortcut
It's finally the weekend!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully you're home from work by now and enjoying a nice, quiet weekend. I'm definitely going to check out that link! I'm fascinated to see your timeline for the films. October 11th is coming up quick!

Have a great weekend :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 1:48pm

Post #20 of 28 (317 views)
Shortcut
Early Draft [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hopefully you're home from work by now and enjoying a nice, quiet weekend. I'm definitely going to check out that link! I'm fascinated to see your timeline for the films. October 11th is coming up quick!

Have a great weekend :D

"Well, I'm home." as a certain gardener once said. I actually did post an earlier draft of my timeline on Main back in May of 2016. I'll link to it below.

An Expanded Timeline for Peter Jackson's Middle-earth Films: http://newboards.theonering.net/...ne%20Jackson;#905150

One change I made for the article was to eliminate most entries from Tolkien's original "Tale of Years" unless I had to change either the date or the rest of the entry for my version. The reader can reference the original timeline in LotR, Appendix B.

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.” -- The Doctor

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 23 2017, 1:54pm)

cats16
Valinor

Sep 23 2017, 4:25pm

Post #21 of 28 (293 views)
Shortcut
My nightcap is now a morningcap [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm, dernwyn's choice of drink inspired me: can I please have a raspberry lemonade?

I saw the film mother! again last night (not for the feint of heart, mind you), so it was another late night in the House of Sixteen Cats.

It has been beautiful here lately: 70+ degree sunny weather during the day, with cool nights-- perfect for snuggling up under a couple of blankets. My kind of weather! I think it's going to be back in the high 80's next week.

I've been working *really* hard at work, but like all of us at some point or another, wasn't sure how well I was performing in my boss's eyes. He was driving home last night and actually said some really nice words, and said I've been working very hard while doing a fantastic job. Just the pick-me-up I needed going into the weekend!

Some friends are hosting a "house cooling" party tonight, as they are moving out of their apartment soon. Just last week some other friends had a house warming party. I can't keep track of it all! Laugh

Sending good vibes to the Kiwi 'sibs coming out of their election. (Just saying that word still gives me bad memories!) Have a great weekend, all!

Edit: And a happy belated to Frodo and Bilbo! The next round is on me.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 23 2017, 4:27pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2017, 4:47pm

Post #22 of 28 (291 views)
Shortcut
Lovely day [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy weekend everyone! May I have some hot apple cider to kick off the fall season, pretty please, with cinnamon sugar on top?

Yesterday was a lovely day. I delivered a baby blanket and a choker, both of my own design, to the State Fair for the adult arts and crafts competition. The lady to whom I was supposed to give my items after I tagged them said she thought they were very cute, and I'm proud of my work, so here's hoping I win a ribbon of some sort. Smile I also got to go pick out a new pair of glasses since my prescription changed slightly, and I think the frames I chose are cute. (There was also a buy-one-get-one-50%-off deal, so I got two cute frames!) Looking forward to when they're finished and I can pick them up and see things a little more clearly.

On the celebratory side of things, my mom and I made the hobbit birthday cake from feastofstarlight.com's recipe and it was very tasty and purty. https://www.instagram.com/...en-by=eruvandicrafts My family has also been doing a month-long Hobbit/LOTR marathon and we watched FOTR last night since it has Bilbo and Frodo's birthday in it. 'Twas a good time, and I managed to both finish a crochet cowl and make a new bracelet while watching it.

Weekend plans are simply to continue the crafting and writing, the latter of which I'll go do now. Wink

Hope everyone had a good Hobbit Day and has a wonderful weekend!

I'm still here
Hope is rising, waking up my soul
I'm still here
All my broken, turning beautiful
'Cause I feel my heartbeat beating
And my lungs breathe breathing
Guess my God's not done with me yet
I'm still here
All my yesterdays are gone
And the best is yet to come.
~"I'm Still Here" Mandisa

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 5:23pm

Post #23 of 28 (285 views)
Shortcut
This is excellent! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

As I just replied to your original post... How did I miss this!?!? Wonderful :D Thank you so much!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 5:32pm

Post #24 of 28 (285 views)
Shortcut
You got it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love blanket-snuggle weather! We've been in the high 90s into 100+ heat index over the past few days here in mid-Michigan. SO not our usual temp this time of year; but they say late next week will get into the 70s. CAN'T WAIT!

I'm SO glad your boss isn't stingy about letting you know that you're doing good work :D Seriously, so many of them think they have to keep that sort of input quiet to keep workers in the dark. How wonderful that he's happy with your work! WELL DONE!

*snigger* House cooling party. I haven't heard of that before :D

Have a wonderful weekend, cats16!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2017, 5:40pm

Post #25 of 28 (284 views)
Shortcut
Lovely cider on a lovely day [In reply to] Can't Post

This is also a must for me in the Fall. With a plain donut and maybe a caramel apple with crushed peanuts a bit later. There's a family-owned Cider Mill about 20 miles from here where you can watch them press the apples and make the donuts.

Oh... best of luck on your Fair admission! It sounds like you're really very talented at making these crafty things. I'm very envious!

A marathon in the Fall is always a good idea. I love how your Mom and you worked on the cake together. It looks GOOD!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. It sound perfect! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.