Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
**Party Time!** A Sil-Hobbit-Baggins Six Subject Line Challenge!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2017, 12:03pm

Post #1 of 3 (3039 views)
Shortcut
**Party Time!** A Sil-Hobbit-Baggins Six Subject Line Challenge! Can't Post

Welcome to another action-packed event during our Party of Special Magnificence celebrating the Anniversary of The Silmarillion (40 year) and The Hobbit (80 year) publications and of Frodo and Bilbo's Birthday!

Here is a game weaver loved to share. It's the "Six Subject Line Challenge"!

The way the game is played is that 6 subject lines are randomly chosen from our Discussion Boards and all of you creative souls out there get to incorporate as many of those lines as you can into some sort of fanfic. It can be a short story, a drabble, a poem, a song... you're only limited by your own imagination.

So here are 6 recent subject lines from several of our Discussion Boards. Your challenge is to build a fanfic theme of the Sil, The Hobbit and/or Bilbo & Frodo's birthday using some or all of these lines! GAME ON! :D
  1. I ain't droppin' no eaves! by tinkermarm
  2. It's a gem! by Kimi
  3. Why not use that tactic more often? by CuriousG
  4. They realised at once that this was an imposter.... by dormouse
  5. How can you be seasick on dry land??? by Kilidoescartwheels
  6. "Who ate the last bit of lembas?" by Smaug the iron

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 22 2017, 11:04am

Post #2 of 3 (2985 views)
Shortcut
Here goes! :} [In reply to] Can't Post

1. I ain't droppin' no eaves! by tinkermarm
2. It's a gem! by Kimi
3. Why not use that tactic more often? by CuriousG
4. They realised at once that this was an imposter.... by dormouse
5. How can you be seasick on dry land??? by Kilidoescartwheels
6. "Who ate the last bit of lembas?" by Smaug the iron

..."Who ate the last bit of lembas?" exclaimed Bilbo as he looked deep into the empty crock. The four innocent hobbits seated around the lunch table quickly glanced up, but one immediately averted his eyes. They realised at once that this was an imposter. Bilbo's eyes narrowed as he glared at Pippin's obvious reaction.
..."Master Took," Bilbo continued in a controlled tone. "What have you to say?"
..."I'm sorry, Mr. Baggins," Pippin lowered his head. "I just couldn't resist. And I thought here in Rivendell that there would be more a'plenty in the larders!" He looked around at the others pleadingly. "Isn't there?"
...Frodo shook his head, trying hard to suppress a grin. "Lembas is purely from Lothlórien. I'm sure there's an exchange of goods between Lórien and Rivendell, but you shouldn't count on an endless supply of anything."
..."I know. I feel sick... like I'm back in one of those boats. And it's Bilbo and Frodo's birthday and all. I'm so sorry."
...Merry took pity on his friend. "Remember when we were in Lórien, Pip? Those were hard to stop eating. It's a gem of a treat!"
...Sam couldn't resist as he clicked his tongue at Pippin. "How can you be seasick on dry land???"
...Suddenly, a large silver tray piled high with golden lembas appeared in the center of the table. They all looked up at the smiling Elf as he backed away. "Happy Birthday from the Lady Galadriel."
...Sam grinned over at Pippin. "The Elves always help the pitiful. Why not use that tactic more often?"
...Pippin mumbled, "Please drop it, Sam."
..."I ain't droppin' no eaves!" cried Sam as the table erupted in laughter.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 22 2017, 11:12am)

tinkermarm
Bree

Dec 23 2018, 2:26am

Post #3 of 3 (1809 views)
Shortcut
Bravo, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, it has been a while. I don't know if I'm back quite yet regularly, but I searched to see if I missed anything with my name on it and found this. It gave me a chuckle, for sure.

Thanks for the laugh, gramma, and hope you're well! =)

Cheers,
tinkermarm

The road goes ever on and on...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.