Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Lord of the Rings read-through

bluestar42

Sep 16 2017, 8:39pm

Post #1 of 3 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Rings read-through Can't Post

Is anyone else doing their annual reading of Lord of the Rings this month? I always start on the 22nd and end up watching the movies as well. It'd be nice to have someone to read along with.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 16 2017, 9:29pm

Post #2 of 3 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn and the Reading Room [In reply to] Can't Post

We just finished a read-through here but discussion about the books is always welcome. Feel free to post your observations as they occur.

My annual read-through usually happens in December. When I first read the books, I was 13 or 14, so December was my winter break and I had enough time to read. So that became a habit all the way through college and continues to this day.

But I first read The Hobbit in October because it was assigned for a class, so that's close to September.

jlj93byu
Rivendell

Oct 2 2017, 4:54pm

Post #3 of 3 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Just started mine [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been several years since my last read through, and even though I'm back-logged on books to read pretty significantly, I picked up my old paperback copy of Fellowship this weekend, the first edition I read, and simply started reading. I'm about 40 pages in and have zero desire to stop until I finish Return of the King. Looks like I'll be just behind you in coming weeks as I am well overdue for a reading, and am excited to finally be starting!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.