Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to September 2017's first Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 2 2017, 10:22pm

Post #26 of 35 (285 views)
Shortcut
My best singing [In reply to] Can't Post

is in the shower or driving down the road with CCR, Led Zep, Pearl Jam or Smashing Pumpkins CRANKED!

That new kitchen is going to be so sweet! I'll bet you're having trouble being patient at this point ;) What is your first meal you're going to prepare in your shiney new surroundings? :D Enjoy your sorta-quiet weekend ;)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 2 2017, 11:55pm

Post #27 of 35 (276 views)
Shortcut
If there's any fog.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's sulking way off the coast and isn't coming in. If we had any I'd be happy to share. The smoke just puts the finish on the heat, doesn't it? You know it's bad when we are all excited about the prospective relief of "only 91"!

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

cats16
Valinor

Sep 5 2017, 4:08am

Post #28 of 35 (266 views)
Shortcut
*stops by at closing time* [In reply to] Can't Post

Went up to the Bay Area this weekend to visit a friend and get away from the horrible LA heat wave. Ha! What do I find? It was even *hotter* at SFO. Ugh, my luck!

It was my first time in NorCal. Really enjoyed it all, especially getting to hangout/sleep in Oakland in addition to exploring SF. I walked the Golden Gate Bridge, explored some cool neighborhoods and ate heaps of amazing vegan food. Cool My favorite was the vegan cinnamon roll shop in Berkeley (the college campus was so pretty). Now I'm back to cutting sugar and probably won't eat a dessert for a year. Laugh I would've preferred much cooler temps, but at least everyone in the city seemed to be out and about, ready to enjoy the summer days. I went to a couple of used bookstores and grabbed...only 7 books. Woulda pulled a gramma and nabbed LOTR, but I had too many in my bag by that point.

Now back to reality! Sending good vibes to everyone in Texas recovering from last week, and any 'sibs in SE Asia dealing with the horrendous flooding there.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 7 2017, 1:43pm

Post #29 of 35 (251 views)
Shortcut
A Busy Weekend Ahead [In reply to] Can't Post

We are not going to be home much this weekend--except to sleep. Queen City Conquest is happening at the Convention Center in downtown Buffalo, NY. Sadly, no Middle-earth gaming events are listed on the events schedule. Though The One Ring Roleplaying Game still has a relatively small following, I was hoping that someone would at least be running one or more sessions for Adventures in Middle-earth, Cubicle 7's setting and custom Open Gaming License rules for Dungeons & Dragons. But, of course, the Loremaster's Guide for AiMe is a relatively recent release, so that latter might have been too much to expect for this year. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any Doctor Who events on the schedule either.

Tayna and I suspect that our friend Garrett might have been too occupied with larger out-of-state cons to prepare something for Conquest (and we sincerely hope that it is nothing more serious than that). It's times like this that I wish I was more confident as a gamemaster.

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. -- The Doctor

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 7 2017, 1:54pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 8 2017, 3:21am

Post #30 of 35 (218 views)
Shortcut
Only seven? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bookstores are like candy stores to little kids - so many delectable items! Laugh Do you have good-sized bookshelves in your apartment?

That heat in SF was unbelievable. It's NEVER supposed to get that hot, there! Did you get a chance to drive down Lombard Street?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 8 2017, 3:22am

Post #31 of 35 (216 views)
Shortcut
Have fun role-playing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you both going in costume?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 8 2017, 3:28am

Post #32 of 35 (215 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are you both going in costume?

No. I don't cosplay much anyway and Tayna will be holding off until the Buffalo Comic Con (if we go--we don't have firm plans for it).

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. -- The Doctor

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 8 2017, 3:29am)

cats16
Valinor

Sep 9 2017, 4:42am

Post #33 of 35 (172 views)
Shortcut
Hehe [In reply to] Can't Post

And they were paperbacks, thankfully! I carried them around in a bag for probably 7 of the 20ish walked miles. Laugh Eh, only one 6 shelf Ikea bookcase, and it's nearly full with things I've acquired out here or brought (Tolkien has 2 of the shelves). I have boxes of books back home waiting to come West...

Lombard, Lombard...that rings a bell, although I may not have been fully conscious that we were on it. I remember Market St, but I think all other names flew out of my brain due to the heat. I want to go back soon!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 9 2017, 12:14pm

Post #34 of 35 (148 views)
Shortcut
Lombard Street! [In reply to] Can't Post

https://blog.parkme.com/...bard-street-parking/ (scroll down for pic and description)

We've actually driven down it, it was on our "must-do" list back in '84 when we visited friends there after going to the Olympics in L.A.

cats16
Valinor

Sep 9 2017, 4:55pm

Post #35 of 35 (143 views)
Shortcut
Ah, so cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, we didn't end up on Lombard, then (hopefully I would've remembered that!). Must've been right next to it though, since we drove by the Palace of Fine Arts on our way back from the Golden Gate Bridge.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.