Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop's King Thorin on Throne and War Troll Pre-Orders

NewsfromBree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 10 2017, 10:07pm

Post #1 of 7 (3615 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop's King Thorin on Throne and War Troll Pre-Orders Can't Post

Last night we got two new jaw dropping pre-orders from our friends at Weta Workshop. The first is a piece we originally saw during Comic-Con 2016, the War Troll. This amazing large beast is one of the best creature pieces by Weta Workshop. He's a massive 20" tall and comes in at over 20lbs. Fans that are interested in ordering this one will want to get their orders in fast, as it has an edition size of only 400 pieces.

The second piece is stunning and one of the most wanted versions of this character. Thorin in his regal armor is a piece I have constantly been asked if I thought was coming since doing Collecting The Precious. I am happy to say fans can now add King Thorin as he is sits on the reclaimed Dwarven Throne inside Erebor. As I said this thing is stunning to look at and will be a must have piece for any collector. If you have the King Thror on Throne then this will give you a fantastic bookend of where the Dwarves were at in Erebor during The Hobbit. King Thorin is limited to 750 pieces worldwide and comes in with a price tag of $449. Both pieces are listed as shipping in October/December of this year.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 12 2017, 3:09am

Post #2 of 7 (3535 views)
Shortcut
I would KILL for this!! [In reply to] Can't Post

And that may be the only way I can get this, urgh! (Okay, not reallyWink)

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 12 2017, 10:03am

Post #3 of 7 (3515 views)
Shortcut
How ever did we know that that just might be your reaction, KDC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Make a deal with all your nearest and dearest: everybody chips in for Christmas. It's only four months away!Angelic
Good luck!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 12 2017, 4:20pm

Post #4 of 7 (3487 views)
Shortcut
Actually, all it took was a credit card [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a bad, naughty girlEvil

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 14 2017, 2:30am

Post #5 of 7 (3367 views)
Shortcut
:D [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember being determined to not buy any of these 'dust catchers'.

That resolve didn't last long. Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 14 2017, 2:44am

Post #6 of 7 (3365 views)
Shortcut
You will be soooo happy [In reply to] Can't Post

when he's in a place of honour and you can have a chat any time you want. I know I feel better having Aragorn sitting in his corner just smoking his pipe - when he isn't taking care of the foes that would freeze my heart if I were not guarded ceaselessly. Laugh

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 14 2017, 2:52am

Post #7 of 7 (3362 views)
Shortcut
You bet I'll be happy! [In reply to] Can't Post

But somehow, I don't think my hubby will share my enthusiasm for the King Under the Mountain!Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.