15 Best Scenes in the Hobbit Movies

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 3 2017, 8:51pm

Post #1 of 8 (11450 views)
Shortcut
15 Best Scenes in the Hobbit Movies Can't Post

From moviepilot.com: https://moviepilot.com/...thorin-death/4332409

Are your top scenes among these? What scenes would you have included?

I'd have included the "Feast of Starlight" scene between Tauriel and Kili: here the Hobbit touches on the Silmarillion. And Bilbo's discovery that his furniture and everything in Bag End are being auctioned! And the Trolls sequence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Noria
Gondor

Aug 4 2017, 12:29am

Post #2 of 8 (11407 views)
Shortcut
Good choices overall. [In reply to] Can't Post

But there are a lot to choose from.

I too would have included the Feast of Starlight scene and agree that it evokes the Elves of the First Age who walked in starlight. It's one of my most favourite scenes despite the romance that followed.

I also love the sequence where Bilbo gets up after the Unexpected Party to find his house empty of Dwarves; and gradually chages his mind about going on the quest. Freeman scarcely speaks a word and has his back to the camera part of the time yet we can follow his evolving emotions anyway. Wonderful!

Paulo Gabriel
Lorien

Aug 4 2017, 5:58am

Post #3 of 8 (11377 views)
Shortcut
I must say... [In reply to] Can't Post

that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this article. Smile

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 5 2017, 2:13am

Post #4 of 8 (11317 views)
Shortcut
15 best scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

"Feast of Starlight" was a good scene, but it doesn't make my favorites list. The ones the article listed that I agree with are Barrels out of Bond, Thorin's recovery, singing "Misty Mountains," the "Good morning" scene, and I guess what he referred to as the conversation with Smaug. In fact, pretty much ANY scene with Smaug, even that silly molten statute scene - my personal fave is probably the scene where he's strafing Laketown, and flies over Bard's head. I agree that "Riddles" is a good scene, and yeah those darned death scenes, hate 'em and love 'em at the same time. Other scenes I loved were the Trollshaws, Thorin finding Orcrist, the entire scene of the Hidden door (from Thorin feeling crushed to opening the door - everyone was SO GOOD in that scene!), the fight scene in Bard's house, Bilbo and Bofur at the ramparts, Dwalin confronting Thorin, battle rams & ice chariot scene (yeah okay, it was silly but I could watch it forever!), and finally, Bilbo & Gandalf sitting quietly at the end of it all - so touching! I dunno, that may be more than 15; maybe I should just admit I LOVED the movies?Wink

Check out my new book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521753377

QuiteShocked
The Shire

Aug 5 2017, 10:28am

Post #5 of 8 (11295 views)
Shortcut
What about "Because it was real"? [In reply to] Can't Post

that part cracks me up! Laugh

jlj93byu
Rivendell

Aug 7 2017, 4:05am

Post #6 of 8 (11214 views)
Shortcut
Pretty Accurate [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first saw the headline but before I read the article, my first thought was the cleansing of Dol Guldur was one of my favorite scenes, but one that may not be on the list.

While I was right and it didn't make it (though the White Council did, and I enjoyed the fighting White Council better than the debating White Council), I really can't complain too much because the list is still pretty good.

I must admit that every scene on the list is excellent. And I really can't complain the closer they get to the #1 scene, because they really are the best from the trilogy.

LOTrFan22

Aug 9 2017, 11:46am

Post #7 of 8 (11121 views)
Shortcut
best moments [In reply to] Can't Post

best moment is when Dragon left the mountain and went to burn the village, The funniest characters in Hobbit are Dwarfs. I have watched few times in Cinema and shame its over.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Nov 17 2017, 4:14pm

Post #8 of 8 (10419 views)
Shortcut
Mine - So Much to Choose from! [In reply to] Can't Post

1) The White Council Meeting (An Unexpected Journey) - Gave this Tolkien geek chills to see the Avengers of Middle-earth actually on screen together!
2) Saruman and Elrond vs Nazgul (The Battle of the Five Armies) - Saruman and Elrond fighting the Nazgul was the most epic fight scene in all 6 films. Galadriel and Gandalf are surrounded by Sauron and his 9 most powerful servants. And then Elrond in all his Second Age glory and Saruman the White, the leader of all good people in Middle-earth, appear to rescue their dear friends.
3) Gandalf vs Sauron (The Desolation of Smaug) - Gandalf and Thrain running from Sauron felt like something out of a horror movie. Seeing Sauron finally unleash his power was epic, and the smoky Necromancer form was downright sinister.
4) Gandalf Enters Dol Guldur (The Desolation of Smaug) - Gandalf knows it. Radagast knows it. We know it. It's undoubtedly a trap. But Gandalf the Freakin' Grey strolls right in anyway. It feels straight out of a horror movie when Gandalf is by himself. Both Gandalf and the audience are tense, waiting for Sauron to pounce. But he doesn't. Jackson, in a stroke of genius, lets the scene play out with just Gandalf and then just Gandalf and Thrain for several minutes.
5) Galadriel Rescues Gandalf (The Battle of the Five Armies) - Such a tender moment between friends. Blanchett really killed it in this scene. And that poor Orc!
6) Sons of Durin (The Battle of the Five Armies) - Epic. Epic, epic, epic, This trilogy's Ride of the Rohirrim. Amazing music as well!
7) Fire and Water (The Battle of the Five Armies) - Smaug unleashed was a pure cinematic sight to behold. The music, the acting by Cumberbatch, Evans, and Bell was top-notch. The tension was incredibly palpable!
8) The Woodland Realm (The Desolation of Smaug) - Seeing Thranduil's realm along with the accompanying score and Lee Pace himself as the elvenking was simply magnificent.
9) Inside Information (The Desolation of Smaug) - Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch killed it. It felt straight out of the book.
10) King Dain's Armies Charge (The Battle of the Five Armies) - Dain was awesome, and hearing the amazing Iron Hills theme made the start of the trilogy-defining battle even cooler!
11) The Hill of Sorcery (An Unexpected Journey) - Seeing Radagast show his inner power while getting our first glimpse at the creep-fest that is Dol Guldur was straight up awesome.
12) Roast Mutton (An Unexpected Journey) - The Dwarves working in tandem to fight the trolls was brilliantly shot and the version of Misty Mountains Cold played still gets my blood pumping.
13) Smaug vs the Dwarves (The Desolation of Smaug) - I am fire. I am...death.
14) An Unexpected Party (An Unexpected Journey) - From the Dwarf introductions, to Bilbo's reactions, to the singing of Misty Mountains Cold, this scene set the stage amazingly for the trilogy.
15) Escape from Goblin-town (An Unexpected Journey) - This was just a fun sequence, very similar to the Roast Mutton fight scene!

1) FOTR 2) ROTK 3) AUJ 4) TTT 5) DOS 6) BOFA

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.