Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
The LOTR Caption Contest CLVII

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 28 2017, 2:45pm

Post #1 of 11 (2647 views)
Shortcut
The LOTR Caption Contest CLVII Can't Post

Thanks very much to TORnsib and fellow Third-age Mirkwood Ninja Sindar afficionado cats16 for choosing me as the one hundred sixty-sixth winner of The LOTR Caption Contest.

According to the sacred rules as handed down by The Inestimable BlackFox I shall now hereby enter the one hundred sixty-seventh screenshot for all of you to caption:

The original screencap is here.

"You have my sword."

"And my bow."

"And my axe."

"And my giant flying eagles."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 28 2017, 2:55pm

Post #2 of 11 (2591 views)
Shortcut
"We represent the Hobbiton Kids!" [In reply to] Can't Post

We represent the Hobbiton Kids,
the Hobbiton Kids, the Hobbiton Kids!
We represent the Hobbiton Kids,
and we welcome you to the Hobbit lands!

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. -- The Doctor

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2017, 2:01pm

Post #3 of 11 (2493 views)
Shortcut
The Bracegirdle kids upon hearing that there would be a performance of "Sesame End Live" at Bilbo's party // [In reply to] Can't Post

StingingFly
Lorien

Jul 29 2017, 7:28pm

Post #4 of 11 (2466 views)
Shortcut
The children shout with glee as Grima slits Saruman's throat and is impaled with arrows! [In reply to] Can't Post

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jul 31 2017, 8:19pm

Post #5 of 11 (2245 views)
Shortcut
Even cherubic hobbit children cheer when they hear Jar-Jar Binks is banned from all future movies. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Bree

Jul 31 2017, 10:26pm

Post #6 of 11 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Bombur demonstrates the meaning of the phrase "blue angel." [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 1 2017, 12:11am

Post #7 of 11 (2216 views)
Shortcut
Some Bracegirdle kids cheer as Aunt Lobelia whacks a ruffian with her umbrella. // [In reply to] Can't Post

. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 3 2017, 7:55pm

Post #8 of 11 (2078 views)
Shortcut
BlackFox's reaction when she sees the competition is still going strong! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 4 2017, 2:18pm

Post #9 of 11 (2011 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sick, but still the winner.

Go forth and post!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

StingingFly
Lorien

Aug 4 2017, 6:36pm

Post #10 of 11 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Darkstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

The next installment is on its way.

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Aug 12 2017, 12:51pm

Post #11 of 11 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Ignoring spectator etiquette, the crowd reacts as Bandoras Took scores the first hole in one// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.