Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
After a little bit of feedback

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 18 2017, 8:00am

Post #1 of 7 (724 views)
Shortcut
After a little bit of feedback Can't Post

Hi Guys

I haven't been around too much lately, owing to a brain explosion fit of madness me deciding to return to University TongueWink

Anyhow, this coming semester one of my units is Fantasy Literature for Children, and I will be discussing with my classmates a variety of fantasy books (sadly none by Tolkien, but hey, can't have everything) and I was wondering if it would be okay or even welcome to post some of the topics we're covering each week in Off Topic. The books we'll be studying are: The Classic Fairy Tales, The Dark is Rising, The Wizard of Earthsea, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Tom's Midnight Garden, Northern Lights (or the Golden Compass for our American cousins) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Must say, it's so good to have a unit where I can go to my bookshelf and just grab the books WinkLaugh

Quite okay if no-one is interested Smile

*hugs, love & blessings*
Kel Heart

This is what happens when your tiger printer slowly runs out of ink Wink

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 18 2017, 11:16am

Post #2 of 7 (677 views)
Shortcut
I like that idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of the books you've listed are others' favorites, and I think they'd enjoy a discussion of them! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 18 2017, 1:11pm

Post #3 of 7 (662 views)
Shortcut
Sounds interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be glad to submit obtuse observations and nonsense non-sequiturs.

And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

-Leviticus 19:33-34

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 18 2017, 6:16pm

Post #4 of 7 (639 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Kel! [In reply to] Can't Post

So nice to see you hear! I also think it's a great idea. I haven't read some of those books and I''d love to learn more about them. Thanks for suggesting it. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 19 2017, 3:35am

Post #5 of 7 (626 views)
Shortcut
Do you think [In reply to] Can't Post

I should include the Fairy Tales bit? I had a look through the weekly modules and we're actually discussing different versions of three particular tales, so people would need that textbook. The others are just the regular novels, so a bit easier to access.

Thanks for the feedback dernie, Darkstone and Altaira Heart

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jul 19 2017, 10:47pm

Post #6 of 7 (613 views)
Shortcut
What a great idea! Yes, yessss [In reply to] Can't Post

But who is this Tom, Precious? Is he tromping around at midnight in yellow boots, and scaring off nice fishessss?

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jul 20 2017, 8:34am

Post #7 of 7 (600 views)
Shortcut
Actually [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know, that's one of the few books in the list I haven't already readLaugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.