The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
National ICE CREAM Day!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2017, 12:41pm

Post #1 of 8 (426 views)
Shortcut
National ICE CREAM Day! Can't Post

The 3rd Sunday of July was signed into law and dubbed National ICE CREAM Day by President Ronald Regan on July 9, 1984.

Whether your hungry, depressed, ailing, bored...ICE CREAM fixes everything!!!

I have several that I really REALLY love, especially if there's a waffle cone involved. Orange Sherbert; Fudge Ripple; Moose Tracks *slaver, slurp* Hot Fudge Sundae; Chocolate Shake; Root Beer Float; Hot Fudge Cake; and there's this one that a local drive-in restaurant does that's a warmed sour-dough donut covered in hot fudge, whipped cream and that all-important maraschino cherry on top! Oh my.... I'm in trouble now...

So many possbilities! What's YOUR favourite!?

Virtual ice cream cone: Build your own

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 17 2017, 5:15pm

Post #2 of 8 (406 views)
Shortcut
This is something that probably wouldn't work [In reply to] Can't Post

in the UK, our weather being as tricksssy as it is! Having said that, it's very summery at the moment where I am and ice cream would be acceptable. Not being very adventurous when it comes to ice cream, I'm easily bewildered when faced with the choices now available. I do like fudgy bits on just about anything, and the summers of my childhood were enlivened by Neapolitan - sold as a block with stripes of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Something with black cherry in it would be a winner too. Maybe next time I go shopping I'll go wild and buy something by Ben & Jerry!

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 17 2017, 5:24pm

Post #3 of 8 (398 views)
Shortcut
Mmmmm, caramel swirl! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kroger has a 'light' ice cream line (basically whipped to contain more air). One of the options is vanilla ice cream with caramel swirled throughout. A bowl of that with a little chocolate shell topping is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Smile I also love caramel milk shakes from Good Times (notice a theme here?), and love, love, love Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia ice cream (no caramel, but chocolate chips and cherries - what's not to love?).

Thanks for always knowing how to brighten our day, gramma! Heart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ettelewen
Rohan

Jul 17 2017, 5:26pm

Post #4 of 8 (397 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

A personal favorite is "Death by Chocolate". Closely seconded by Moose Tracks. Or anything chocolate *grins*.

Happy belated Ice Cream Day!!

Cool

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 17 2017, 5:29pm

Post #5 of 8 (397 views)
Shortcut
We DID have ice cream yesterday. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or, I at least had a chocolate soft ice-cream cone. My wife had a popsicle as she is lactose intolerant.

Go ahead and enjoy some today. Ice cream a day late is better than none!

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall.” -- The Doctor

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jul 17 2017, 5:30pm)

NottaSackville
Valinor

Jul 17 2017, 5:50pm

Post #6 of 8 (394 views)
Shortcut
Are you implying that there's a type of weather NOT appropriate for ice cream? [In reply to] Can't Post

As a lifelong resident of cold, snowy climes, I disagree heartily.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Annael
Immortal

Jul 17 2017, 6:49pm

Post #7 of 8 (385 views)
Shortcut
I read once [In reply to] Can't Post

that Alaskans eat more ice cream per capita than residents of any other U.S. state.

Something about looking out at the snow while being nice & cozy by the woodstove and eating ice cream.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

NottaSackville
Valinor

Jul 17 2017, 6:57pm

Post #8 of 8 (379 views)
Shortcut
I have no problem with that attitude at all // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.