Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Queen Berúthiel versus Catwoman

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 27 2017, 9:14pm

Post #1 of 13 (7407 views)
Shortcut
Queen Berúthiel versus Catwoman Can't Post

Who wins?

Undercard: The Fat Cat on the Mat versus Garfield

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 27 2017, 10:59pm

Post #2 of 13 (7390 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone, you are evil [In reply to] Can't Post

Which Catwoman? Julie Newmar or Halle Berry? Michele Pfeiffer?

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Jun 27 2017, 11:16pm

Post #3 of 13 (7380 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, and Earth-One, -Two, or -B? // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Jun 27 2017, 11:16pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 28 2017, 12:10am

Post #4 of 13 (7371 views)
Shortcut
Catwoman [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Who wins?

Queen Berúthiel doesn't have Selina Kyle's combat experience.

In Reply To
Which Catwoman? Julie Newmar or Halle Berry? Michele Pfeiffer?

Selina Kyle of whatever they are calling Earth-One these days. Halle Barry's Patience Phillips is Catwoman-in-Name-Only.

In Reply To
Undercard: The Fat Cat on the Mat versus Garfield

It's a draw (at least if it's a sleeping contest).

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 28 2017, 12:12am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 28 2017, 2:12am

Post #5 of 13 (7358 views)
Shortcut
Eartha Kitt? Betty Jones? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, since the first days of my blossoming pubescence at the tender age of thirteen, Julie Newmar has always been the only Catwoman for me, but feel free to choose Berúthiel's opponent.
Maybe Barnaby Jones' secretary?

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jun 28 2017, 2:14am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 28 2017, 2:35am

Post #6 of 13 (7359 views)
Shortcut
Earth-3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286 ... [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, the one with Whipped Cream Catwoman!

Yum!

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jun 28 2017, 2:37am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 29 2017, 1:29am

Post #7 of 13 (7283 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone, your love of pie hasn't slowed your mind. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2017, 3:17am

Post #8 of 13 (7279 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

if you mean this one, we'd all better watch out, eh?

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 29 2017, 4:54pm

Post #9 of 13 (7239 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking more like.... [In reply to] Can't Post

As a kid I loved the songs from the album but was always too embarrassed to buy it.

"We’re orcs of the Misty Mountains,
Our singing’s part of canon.
We do routines and chorus scenes
While dancing with abandon.
We killed Isildur in the Gladden,
To help Sauron bring Armageddon!"

-From "Spamwise The Musical"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 29 2017, 7:42pm

Post #10 of 13 (7228 views)
Shortcut
My parents had that album. [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved the songs on it.

I think it was among the pile I gave to a local middle school for setting up a record-listening center in their library...didn't think to check through the pile first...Blush

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2017, 9:53pm

Post #11 of 13 (7218 views)
Shortcut
We had that album! Sorry you missed out. [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the photo when I was googling 'whip cream cats' (huh?!), but thought that would be a bit off topic - no cats. Angelic
What a great album. What memories - Mom taught me to dance to those songs. We decided the photo was dumb, though, because the model would get all sticky. Eeeew! Laugh
So, children, find Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" album somewhere on the interweb and heat up your cold winter down under or sit by the pool with a cervesa up north and chill. Salud!

Lemon treeeeee........

Um, sorry, what was the original question?Evil

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 30 2017, 3:30am

Post #12 of 13 (7188 views)
Shortcut
Julie Newmar was my first Catwoman, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I had eyes for Adam West, but as a young girl I longed to be Catwoman. Julie Newmar is the standard that I use to measure the others.

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Jul 1 2017, 1:15am

Post #13 of 13 (7134 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll give it to Beruthiel as I was never impressed by any of the Catwoman renditions.

As for the undercard.... going to say neither and award it to Skippyjon Jones.... the fabulous kitty boy who I had to listen to over and over and over again due to my granddaughter's infatuation with his stories.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.