The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest LVII

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 19 2017, 5:37pm

Post #1 of 14 (4886 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest LVII Can't Post

Thanks very much to TORnsib and fellow Believer in Santa Claus Ataahua for picking me as the fifty-sixth winner of The Hobbit Caption Contest.

According to the sacred rules as handed down by The Indefatigable Otaku-sempai I shall now hereby enter this screenshot for all of you to caption:

The original screencap is here.

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 19 2017, 6:21pm

Post #2 of 14 (4805 views)
Shortcut
"Is it agreed? We shall have the deep-dish with extra cheese and pepperoni!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 19 2017, 9:34pm

Post #3 of 14 (4786 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: "Sorry Gandalf, but I'm not going to play "spin the dagger" with my mother-in-law! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's just GROSS!"Frown

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 22 2017, 3:26am

Post #4 of 14 (4731 views)
Shortcut
"We're gonna build a beautiful wall, and we're gonna make Mordor pay for it!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 22 2017, 4:07am

Post #5 of 14 (4726 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: "I think I know where that missing nuclear warhead is." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jun 22 2017, 4:08am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 22 2017, 4:28am

Post #6 of 14 (4717 views)
Shortcut
GALADRIEL: You cannot fight in here! This is the War Room! // [In reply to] Can't Post

SARUMAN (off-screen): Based on the findings of the report, my conclusion was that this idea was not a practical deterrent for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jun 22 2017, 5:12am

Post #7 of 14 (4716 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and the elves of the round table. [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 22 2017, 2:12pm

Post #8 of 14 (4689 views)
Shortcut
"I'm thinking about redoing this floor with wall to wall carpeting. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think this material goes with the table?"

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 22 2017, 4:16pm

Post #9 of 14 (4676 views)
Shortcut
Army Lorien supports Orc Army Moria->Rivendell? Why, you backstabbing.../ [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 25 2017, 8:50am

Post #10 of 14 (4433 views)
Shortcut
As the argument rages above his head..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf begins to understand how frustrating a dwarf's life must be.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

StingingFly
Lorien

Jun 25 2017, 7:05pm

Post #11 of 14 (4400 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: "In my defense, that lunch didn't even have a name on it..." [In reply to] Can't Post

Galadriel: "My name was clearly printed on that bag"
Elrond: "....was it written in Quenya?...I am only half-Elven you know"
Galadriel: "....."

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 27 2017, 2:42pm

Post #12 of 14 (4353 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Despite the fact that we're probably the only two people who get it.

What's really hilarious about your caption is that I've seen those *exact* facial expressions in the wake of similar double-crossing moves in Diplomacy!

Go forth and post!

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 27 2017, 2:46pm

Post #13 of 14 (4353 views)
Shortcut
Kudos to all! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Everyone* was so good that I had to spend the past 24 hours agonizing over who to pick for the winner.

Ironically I'd thought the screencap would be difficult to caption. Boy was I wrong! (But what else is new?)

Unofficially you're all winners!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jul 1 2017, 2:26am

Post #14 of 14 (4289 views)
Shortcut
Thag you very buch!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.