The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Caption contest CLIII

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 20 2017, 11:30pm

Post #1 of 13 (6118 views)
Shortcut
Caption contest CLIII Can't Post

What could these two orcs be saying? Has something caught their attention? Or is this a 'before' pic in a beauty shot?

Write your caption and tell us what's happening here! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 21 2017, 2:39pm

Post #2 of 13 (6021 views)
Shortcut
"What is this dental floss you speak of?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 21 2017, 5:07pm

Post #3 of 13 (6011 views)
Shortcut
"And when I told him we were there to bear his desk to the Houses of Lamentation beyond all darkness, he lost it and pulled out his Swingline, and after he ran out of staples he set the building on fire."/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 21 2017, 7:47pm

Post #4 of 13 (6000 views)
Shortcut
"Yeah, smarty pants, [In reply to] Can't Post

I do know it's Friday. And yeah, I do know today's special is fish. Well, now, here's how it is: see, me and the boys, we don't care about your Fridays or your stinkin fish. We come for meat and we ain't leavin' till we get it, got it?! [threatening pause, a blast of very bad breath] Or maybe you never heard the phrase, 'Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!', hmmmm?"

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Jun 21 2017, 7:49pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 21 2017, 7:54pm

Post #5 of 13 (5989 views)
Shortcut
Five chances those dunghill rats at the piercing shop had to get the nose ring in the right place./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 22 2017, 12:31am

Post #6 of 13 (5970 views)
Shortcut
*ouch* :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Jun 22 2017, 10:56pm

Post #7 of 13 (5899 views)
Shortcut
Oy, take those nose piercings out, you look like a bull. [In reply to] Can't Post

I always follow my job through.

Alveric
Lorien

Jun 25 2017, 11:29pm

Post #8 of 13 (5634 views)
Shortcut
Good morning! United Airlines customer service department, how may I help you? [In reply to] Can't Post

(Maybe a bit of a cheap shot...)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 26 2017, 8:39am

Post #9 of 13 (5586 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm..... And you say you're experiencing hallucinations? // [In reply to] Can't Post

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 27 2017, 5:37am

Post #10 of 13 (5490 views)
Shortcut
And the winner is .... *drumroll*...dormouse! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations! You're up for the next caption competition. Smile

Ataahua's stories

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 27 2017, 7:18am

Post #11 of 13 (5483 views)
Shortcut
Eek.. squeak! 'Tis honoured, I am.... [In reply to] Can't Post

*The dormouse scuttles away to look for a suitable film still.....

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 27 2017, 4:11pm

Post #12 of 13 (5449 views)
Shortcut
I fall asleep during my nose ring appointment, and wake up with this! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 27 2017, 6:01pm

Post #13 of 13 (5438 views)
Shortcut
Ernestine loved counting her boyfriend's "ringy-dingies". / [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.