The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Caption Contest LVI

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 13 2017, 7:37pm

Post #1 of 17 (6714 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest LVI Can't Post

As per the rules both Ancient and Noble, herewith is the latest photo for captioning by the great and the geek. Have at it!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 13 2017, 7:41pm

Post #2 of 17 (6644 views)
Shortcut
You'd have to send me home tied up in a sack to stop me... so here I am tied up in a sack. Aren't you going to send me home?/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Jun 13 2017, 7:56pm

Post #3 of 17 (6643 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo Baggins? More like Bilbo Sackings. [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 14 2017, 12:06am

Post #4 of 17 (6617 views)
Shortcut
So that's what a Sackville-Baggins looks like! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 14 2017, 6:21pm

Post #5 of 17 (6554 views)
Shortcut
Because of the excessive sacks in the Trollshaws scene PJ eliminated all the violins at Bag End so he could preserve a PG-13 rating. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Jun 14 2017, 7:07pm

Post #6 of 17 (6556 views)
Shortcut
New game: [In reply to] Can't Post

Sack racing with trolls.

I always follow my job through.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 14 2017, 8:01pm

Post #7 of 17 (6547 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo finally remembers what the Dwarves forgot to bring to the Trollshaws slumber party: SNACKS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo: "Would it be too late for me to run home and grab a few things?"
Kili: "Pssst, Bilbo - we already ate everything, remember?"
Bilbo: Frown

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 14 2017, 8:30pm

Post #8 of 17 (6550 views)
Shortcut
*places head in hand and groans* [In reply to] Can't Post

That's why some people refuse to attend live band and orchestra concerts - too much sax and violins.

Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 15 2017, 1:55pm

Post #9 of 17 (6492 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps I should have went with my original caption: "Some of Santa's sacks inadvertently fell from the sleigh on the way to Estrogen Island."

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 15 2017, 5:22pm

Post #10 of 17 (6462 views)
Shortcut
Bwahahahaha!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Perhaps I should have went with my original caption: "Some of Santa's sacks inadvertently fell from the sleigh on the way to Estrogen Island."

So THAT'S what happened to my Christmas present!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2017, 9:14pm

Post #11 of 17 (6433 views)
Shortcut
LOL// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 15 2017, 9:51pm

Post #12 of 17 (6424 views)
Shortcut
Next on "Happy Trails, Happy Trolls" - join Bert, Will and Tom as they rustle up the newest Boil in Bag backpack snacks - Drizzled Dwarf Drops and Hearty Hobbit Hash! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fereth
Rivendell

Jun 16 2017, 1:33am

Post #13 of 17 (6401 views)
Shortcut
After one crack too many from the dwarves about how good Thorin was "in the sack", Bilbo felt it was time to make as dignified an exit as possible. [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 16 2017, 6:07am

Post #14 of 17 (6382 views)
Shortcut
1957: The 'iconic' Givenchy sack dress [In reply to] Can't Post

(sigh) There really is nothing new in fashion, darling.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 18 2017, 7:10pm

Post #15 of 17 (6105 views)
Shortcut
Winner! Congrats, Darkstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

To you falls the joyful burden of posting the next pic for captioning. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

StingingFly
Lorien

Jun 19 2017, 4:42pm

Post #16 of 17 (6005 views)
Shortcut
"Alright, it's pleasure to be here in Eriador with such a fine audience of Trolls...I tell you, I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me"..*crickets chirping* "um, I have better material, please don't eat me!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 19 2017, 5:11pm

Post #17 of 17 (6009 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.