The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR Caption contest CLII

Alveric
Lorien

Jun 10 2017, 11:30pm

Post #1 of 15 (5653 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption contest CLII Can't Post

OK, here's the picture. Hope it hasn't been done before. I won't insist, but may I suggest that the fell beast is the one speaking here?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 10 2017, 11:58pm

Post #2 of 15 (5582 views)
Shortcut
A Nazgûl never has trouble finding a parking space. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

cats16
Half-elven

Jun 11 2017, 3:57am

Post #3 of 15 (5565 views)
Shortcut
"Ya wanna know how I got these scars?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

(This post was edited by cats16 on Jun 11 2017, 3:57am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 11 2017, 8:59am

Post #4 of 15 (5564 views)
Shortcut
"Tell me the truth: [In reply to] Can't Post

"Do I have any Gondorian in my teeth?"

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 11 2017, 2:36pm

Post #5 of 15 (5529 views)
Shortcut
"Does having a Nazgul on my back make me look fat?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 12 2017, 2:09am

Post #6 of 15 (5472 views)
Shortcut
"I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille." // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 12 2017, 4:28am

Post #7 of 15 (5476 views)
Shortcut
A beast is a beast, at least, at least, and no one can talk to a beast, at least. That is, at least, unless the beast is the famous Mr. Fang! [In reply to] Can't Post

Go right to the East and ask the beast,
He'll give a welcome to join the feast.
Of course by then you'll be deceased,
If you talk to Mr. Fang.

People go yakkity-yak a streak and waste time on the street,
But Mr. Fang will never speak unless he has someone to eat.

A beast is a beast, at least, at least,
And this one will talk til your breath has ceased.
You never heard of a talking beast?

Well listen to this:

"I am Mr. Fang!"

*chomp*

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jun 12 2017, 4:33am)

sador
Half-elven

Jun 12 2017, 5:22am

Post #8 of 15 (5462 views)
Shortcut
"Should I tell the Master about those midgets I saw below the Tower? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nah. There isn't a morsel between them two. Shelob can have 'em."

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 12 2017, 5:53am

Post #9 of 15 (5460 views)
Shortcut
* nostalgia applause* [In reply to] Can't Post

Witch-king of Angmar: [after realizing for the first time that Mister Fang can talk] This is incredible. I don't understand how it's possible.
Mister Fang: Don't try - it's bigger than both of us.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 13 2017, 12:21pm

Post #10 of 15 (5346 views)
Shortcut
"I might look fell... [In reply to] Can't Post

"I might look fell
but it's just you can't tell
that I'm really sad
and I feel so bad
because everyone always stays away
on 'Take Your Pet to Work Day'"

EvilPirateUnsure

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 13 2017, 4:49pm

Post #11 of 15 (5322 views)
Shortcut
OK if I take 8th Avenue uptown, mac? Lots of traffic today from the Isildur's Birthday parade./ [In reply to] Can't Post

StingingFly
Lorien

Jun 18 2017, 4:49pm

Post #12 of 15 (5213 views)
Shortcut
Nazgul: "Sure, I can lead him left or right with the reins, but how do I make him go up and down?!...We should have worked this out before we took off...I suppose it will get tired and land eventually" [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 19 2017, 7:01pm

Post #13 of 15 (5111 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't think anyone would remember that show. (Of course I named my first horse Edward.)

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

Alveric
Lorien

Jun 20 2017, 10:22am

Post #14 of 15 (5080 views)
Shortcut
the winner [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be Ataahua. It's an oldie but a goodie. But also an honorable mention to the poets this time, darkstone and Loresilme.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 20 2017, 9:57pm

Post #15 of 15 (5025 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Alveric! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.