Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Caption Contest CL

Alveric
Rivendell

May 31 2017, 7:27pm

Post #1 of 21 (3065 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CL Can't Post

Here's my suggested picture. Neither statue has its mouth noticeably open, but we can assume they might mutter something out of the sides of their mouths.

(This post was edited by Alveric on May 31 2017, 7:30pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

May 31 2017, 7:47pm

Post #2 of 21 (3017 views)
Shortcut
Stop! in the name of love/Gondor, before you break my heart/Fellowship./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 31 2017, 7:50pm

Post #3 of 21 (3018 views)
Shortcut
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... NOT!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

Smaug the iron
Gondor

May 31 2017, 8:42pm

Post #4 of 21 (3016 views)
Shortcut
Use the force Isildur. [In reply to] Can't Post

StingingFly
Lorien

May 31 2017, 9:18pm

Post #5 of 21 (3009 views)
Shortcut
After aiding the Last Alliance in their defeat of Sauron, the Stone Giants offered a celebratory high five!.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....and there they wait to this day.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 31 2017, 9:44pm

Post #6 of 21 (3004 views)
Shortcut
"Nothing to see here. Move along! Move along!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 31 2017, 11:45pm

Post #7 of 21 (2992 views)
Shortcut
"My beard is so itchy, but being made of stone, I can't scratch." "I'm stuck here centuries listening to you complain like that."// [In reply to] Can't Post

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jun 1 2017, 2:13am

Post #8 of 21 (2978 views)
Shortcut
Talk to the hands! Gondor doesn't give a Damn! [In reply to] Can't Post

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 1 2017, 3:21am

Post #9 of 21 (2970 views)
Shortcut
"Simon says... hold your pose for a thousand years!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 1 2017, 3:23am

Post #10 of 21 (2968 views)
Shortcut
"This isn't the kingdom you're looking for." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

cats16
Valinor

Jun 1 2017, 4:49am

Post #11 of 21 (2962 views)
Shortcut
"What's the password?" "Covfefe" "Ah geez, let the schmuck in!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

sador
Half-elven

Jun 1 2017, 4:51am

Post #12 of 21 (2962 views)
Shortcut
Waldorf: They aren't half bad. Statler: No, they're all bad! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 1 2017, 6:57am

Post #13 of 21 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Or should that be... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Waldorfir and Statlerthorn?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 1 2017, 5:21pm

Post #14 of 21 (2907 views)
Shortcut
"I told you not to stare into her hideous face..." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Couldn't help it, it was all those snakes. So why did YOU stare?"

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

(This post was edited by dormouse on Jun 1 2017, 5:23pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 1 2017, 8:24pm

Post #15 of 21 (2880 views)
Shortcut
"I swear, if you don't stop humming "Like a Rolling Stone..." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Oh, was I doing it again? Sorry.
I am a rock. I am an iiiiisland..."

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Alveric
Rivendell

Jun 1 2017, 10:05pm

Post #16 of 21 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Darkstone's the winner [In reply to] Can't Post

I pass this weighty mantle onto thee, O Darkstone!
Honorable mention to Cats16 for the topical covfefe reference which made me laugh.
My own caption would have been "You know, I think you're right--the fuchsia nail polish really does suit me better..."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 1 2017, 10:50pm

Post #17 of 21 (2861 views)
Shortcut
That was quick! [In reply to] Can't Post

In a hurry to pass the mantle on, Alveric? Angelic

Congratulations to Darkstone!

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 1 2017, 10:51pm)

Alveric
Rivendell

Jun 1 2017, 10:52pm

Post #18 of 21 (2858 views)
Shortcut
too quick? [In reply to] Can't Post

I looked at some of the other caption contests and they seemed to call it at about 10 answers, so...

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 2 2017, 1:04am

Post #19 of 21 (2844 views)
Shortcut
Time [In reply to] Can't Post

I just meant time-wise, you called it quickly. It was barely more than one day. It's all good.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 2 2017, 1:05am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 2 2017, 1:07pm

Post #20 of 21 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

And nice caption re nail polish!

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2017, 4:54am

Post #21 of 21 (2727 views)
Shortcut
No offense, Isildur, but if I had it to do over I'd ask to be built on the upwind side./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.