The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Pirates of the Caribbean 5!

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

May 30 2017, 12:07am

Post #1 of 6 (647 views)
Shortcut
Pirates of the Caribbean 5! Can't Post

Has anyone seen it? And if so, what did you think of it? No Spoilers please just in case someone hasn't seen it yet...

Meneldor
Valinor

May 30 2017, 1:23am

Post #2 of 6 (622 views)
Shortcut
Saw it today. [In reply to] Can't Post

I liked it better than any of the other sequels, but not as much as the original.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 30 2017, 12:05pm

Post #3 of 6 (580 views)
Shortcut
*sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to hear there's a sequel improvement. There are moments in the sequels that I really like, and much that has me shaking my head at the waste. I really want this one to be good!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

OldestDaughter
Rohan

May 30 2017, 8:38pm

Post #4 of 6 (543 views)
Shortcut
I want to see it sooo bad! [In reply to] Can't Post

My sisters and I just went through a three marathon(we watched the fourth Sunday night since it was Memorial Day weekend) so now we are all refreshed to watch the new one!

I love the other ones so much(Especially At World's End) so I am looking forward to the 5th!

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2017, 11:15am

Post #5 of 6 (448 views)
Shortcut
Saw it... and a bit relieved (no spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved PotC 1 and the quirkiness of Sparrow.

I really liked PotC 2 Deadman's Chest thanks especially to Bill Nighy's Davy Jones, but they started messing up Sparrow's exaggerated character (imho)

While there are good moments in 3 & 4, I have yet to sit through all of #4

Now comes #5... and I'm pleasantly surprised. I liked it more than I thought I would, but not as much as #2. It had some great moments and twists... and the storyline had more of a purpose to it. I like the young man chosen for the lead young man ;)

If you like any of the PotC movies, you'll definitely want to see it on the BIG screen! I'm very glad I did! I will be buying it to add to my PotC collection of 2 (#1&2).

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jun 7 2017, 6:07pm

Post #6 of 6 (429 views)
Shortcut
What I thought (No spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it Monday evening with my mom, two sisters and brother. We all enjoyed it. I loved it alot!(3 and 2 are still my top favorites, but this one comes close!)

The cast was excellent, I loved Javier Bardem as the new villain, while Davy Jones is still my favorite, I think Bardem's villain is one of the best characters in the series. I also thought that David Wenhem and Adam Brown did well as new cast members to Pirates.

That being said, I cried hard, but it was out of joy!Heart I thought while On Stranger Tides was good(especially with Philip and Syrena) it was the weak link, and I am happy that Pirates has its spark back! I am ready for one more movie now!Wink

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.