The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Caption Contest LIV - Memorial Day edition

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 25 2017, 7:34pm

Post #1 of 12 (5720 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest LIV - Memorial Day edition Can't Post

Here in Oklahoma we are coming up on Memorial Day weekend, the first official weekend of summer. I expect to spend some of this weekend laying around the swimming pool, so in honor of laying around, I present this:

I have absolutely NO IDEA what set they are on - maybe the Goblin tunnels, or maybe Bard's Barge? But I'm sure there are some clever people out there who can put this in context, so to speak. So caption away for Memorial Day!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on May 25 2017, 11:32pm)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

May 25 2017, 8:26pm

Post #2 of 12 (5663 views)
Shortcut
Goblin town [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have absolutely NO IDEA what set they are on - maybe the Goblin tunnels, or maybe Bard's Barge? But I'm sure there are some clever people out there who can put this in context, so to speak. So caption away for Memorial Day!

It is from this scene http://www.caps.media/...encaps.com-13254.jpg

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 25 2017, 8:53pm

Post #3 of 12 (5647 views)
Shortcut
Oh, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

It is from this scene http://www.caps.media/...encaps.com-13254.jpg

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 25 2017, 9:04pm

Post #4 of 12 (5646 views)
Shortcut
DORI: That was some kegger last night. Who was nibbling on my ear? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Here in Oklahoma we are coming up on Memorial Day weekend, the first official weekend of summer.

Or should we call Memorial Day the unofficial beginning of summer. By the calendar there's still almost a month to wait.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on May 25 2017, 9:09pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 26 2017, 3:27pm

Post #5 of 12 (5578 views)
Shortcut
Technically, but [In reply to] Can't Post

highs will be in the 90's this weekend, so summer has arrived in Oklahoma despite what the calendar says! The pool water will still be cold for a few weeks, though - can't win for losing sometimes.Cool

Darkstone
Immortal

May 26 2017, 5:05pm

Post #6 of 12 (5559 views)
Shortcut
The sit-down strike brought production to a standstill until Jackson agreed to provide roaringer fires, maltier beer, and redder meat off the bone. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Once Radagast dreamt he was a moth, a moth flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Radagast. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakably Radagast. But he didn't know if he was Radagast who had dreamt he was a moth, or a moth dreaming he was Radagast. Between Radagast and a moth there must be some distinction! But really, there isn't, because he's actually Aiwendil dreaming he's both Radagast *and* a moth!
-From Radagasti: The Moth Dream

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

May 26 2017, 7:32pm

Post #7 of 12 (5548 views)
Shortcut
The Dwarves camped out in line to be first to get the new Arkenphone./ [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

May 27 2017, 10:43pm

Post #8 of 12 (5438 views)
Shortcut
Who's that lady sitting on top of Thorin? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's no lady, that's just Balin's beard!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 27 2017, 11:55pm

Post #9 of 12 (5433 views)
Shortcut
"Stay down! Maybe the trick-or-treaters will pass us by." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

StingingFly
Lorien

May 30 2017, 9:31pm

Post #10 of 12 (5141 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately, the dwarves had little to do once Tauriel and Legolas were written into the story... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 1 2017, 9:32pm

Post #11 of 12 (5033 views)
Shortcut
The Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Again, it was a tough choice, but the new Arkenphone made it all worth while! Congrats, and looking forward to your next caption!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jun 3 2017, 1:02am

Post #12 of 12 (4923 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, thank you!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.