Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
View Results (19 votes)

HOBBITFAN13
Lorien

May 11 2017, 1:10pm

Post #1 of 3 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Guardians of the Galaxy VS. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Can't Post

Which film do you think is better and why? NO SPOILERS for Volume 2 because still a lot of people, including myself, haven't seen the movie yet.

Annael
Immortal

May 17 2017, 2:42pm

Post #2 of 3 (1441 views)
Shortcut
I voted 1, but as I think about it . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

picking one movie out of a series is kind of like voting for your favorite episode of a television show. We like the first one because it introduces a whole new 'verse to us with a bunch of interesting characters and hopefully an intriguing premise, but then, as the show goes on, we get character development and come to like/dislike characters more, we get surprised by twists, we are able to make more informed judgments about the writing and directing and acting . . . I can say "Out of Gas" was my favorite "Firefly" episode and that the pilot was weak in comparison, but I still love the entire series. So yeah, I loved the first "Guardians" because it was so much fun and after the upright superheroes of the "Avengers" movies the flawed heroes of "Guardians" are easier to relate to. In the second, we get to learn more about all of them, we see them becoming more of a team, which was what had to happen next. So I don't see this as a "versus" situation. You could as easily have a poll on "what do you like best - the moment you first fall in love with someone, or the ongoing relationship?"

ange1e4e5
Gondor

May 22 2017, 9:31pm

Post #3 of 3 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Neither. [In reply to] Can't Post

Both were great in my opinion.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.