The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest LI(!)

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 26 2017, 3:21pm

Post #1 of 12 (4996 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest LI(!) Can't Post

Thanks very much to TORnsib and Fellow Newhart fan Kilidoescartwheels for picking me as the fiftieth winner of The Hobbit Caption Contest.

According to the sacred rules as handed down by The Inestimable Otaku-sempai I shall now hereby enter the fifty-first screenshot for all of you to caption:

The original screencap is here.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society."
-George Lucas, 1988

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 26 2017, 4:05pm

Post #2 of 12 (4929 views)
Shortcut
"He asks the impossible! I need more dwarves." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Perhaps you can tell him that when he arrives. The dragon king is not as forgiving as I am."

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 27 2017, 1:51am

Post #3 of 12 (4874 views)
Shortcut
"They’re nice but they’re not what I ordered. I ordered 600 soldiers one foot high." // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2017, 2:38am

Post #4 of 12 (4868 views)
Shortcut
600 foot soldiers? // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 27 2017, 2:51am

Post #5 of 12 (4867 views)
Shortcut
100 6 footed soldiers? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2017, 9:41am

Post #6 of 12 (4849 views)
Shortcut
A fault in the manufacturing process saw the latest batch of Cylons exhibit excessive hair growth. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 27 2017, 1:52pm

Post #7 of 12 (4827 views)
Shortcut
Thrain: No, really - if you line them all up just right and push the first one, they'll fall one after the other! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thror: Sound hilarious *sarc*

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 27 2017, 3:40pm

Post #8 of 12 (4807 views)
Shortcut
I told them and told them, the clone army doesn't come in until the second prequel./ [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 27 2017, 3:43pm

Post #9 of 12 (4806 views)
Shortcut
These are going to crush our 18" Stonehenge monument./ [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 28 2017, 2:18pm

Post #10 of 12 (4778 views)
Shortcut
One guard whispers to another..... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Psst.... Do you think he's brought the tin opener?"

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

StingingFly
Lorien

May 3 2017, 12:28am

Post #11 of 12 (4435 views)
Shortcut
Thrain: "This year's contestants for Miss Erebor are equally lovely...there is only one way to settle this...Battle Royale! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 4 2017, 8:18pm

Post #12 of 12 (4291 views)
Shortcut
The winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Go forth and post!

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."
-From "The Triumph of Stupidity", by Bertrand Russell, 10 May 1933

"In this gloomy state of affairs, the brightest spot is America. In America democracy still appears well established, and the men in power deal with what is amiss by constructive measures, not by pogroms and wholesale imprisonment."
-ibid

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.