Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
** weaver's Founders' Day mathom treasure hunt

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 26 2017, 5:37am

Post #1 of 8 (2082 views)
Shortcut
** weaver's Founders' Day mathom treasure hunt Can't Post

Activities and rememberies to honor weaver, and all our beloved TORnsibs!

Pick one, some, or all of the below, and post the treasure(s) you find in reply(s) to the main post.

Visual Treasure: http://newboards.theonering.net/...cgi?post=20260#20260
  • Challenge: find the link to the visual treasure repository weaver posted, and repost the link in reply to this main post.

From LOTR Trivia Game: http://newboards.theonering.net/...m.cgi?post=1666#1666 posted by weaver in honor of the New Boards, 2007
  • Mathom question: What is inaccurate in the initial post, and who is the first in the thread to identify it?
  • Hunt for plants, trees, or animals weaver posted about, and post the link and (if you can find one) a picture of the object.
  • Find a picture from one of weaver’s “screen cap of the day” posts on the LOTR movie board having to do with kitchens, food, or eating, and post the link in your reply. (It can be a side element as well, not necessarily the main focus of the picture!)

Have a go at these questions:
On a more reflective note:
  1. Find a weaver reading room post you find especially insightful, or meaningful to you personally, post the link in your reply, and explain what it means to you.
  2. Find a weaver post on "light" and post the link and your thoughts.
  3. Find a weaver post on friendship or community, and post the link in your reply.
  4. Find your favorite weaver post on any subject, and include the link, with or without thoughts or an explanation of what it means to you in your reply.

Thank you to our founders and for the friendship and great content generated over the years!

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Apr 26 2017, 5:38am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2017, 11:59pm

Post #2 of 8 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Mathoms! I love mathoms! Here's pt.1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok... take one at a time. *tightens belt* :o I'm going to post these in a couple of parts in case I mess up and accidently delete *spasm* something!!!!

Visual Treasure: find the link to the visual treasure repository: http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib.htm
Oh... she's got us looking through Reera the Red's screencaps collection... which is so brilliant!

From LOTR Trivia Game:
Mathom question: What is inaccurate in the initial post, and who is the first in the thread to identify it? Ainu Laire is the first one to mention a wrong answer to the first card; but t's ringhead91 who writes the proper statement by Theoden to Aragorn to answer #1

Oh geez... seeing so many names that don't pop up her anymore... *sigh*

OK... continuing:

Hunt for plants, trees, or animals weaver posted about, and post the link and (if you can find one) a picture of the object.
Here she talked about the wolves at the gates of moria.
http://newboards.theonering.net/..._latest_reply;so=ASC;

Find a picture from one of weaver's "screen cap of the day" re: kitchens, food, or eating. I like this one of Strider in Bree watching the hobbits.

http://newboards.theonering.net/..._latest_reply;so=ASC;
Then there's this one with Rosie at the Green Dragon

http://newboards.theonering.net/..._string=SCOD;#183729

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 27 2017, 12:24am

Post #3 of 8 (2010 views)
Shortcut
Here's pt.2 of my mathomy answers [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a go at these questions: Well... SURE! :D

From weaver's second Movie Trivial Pursuit post...

Questions for the Week of June 4:

1. According to Grima, when did Theodred die?
Sometime during the night

2. When Gandalf tries to open the doors into Moria, what is the design element on the door that he first touches with his staff?
The star

3. What is the shape of the stone table that Frodo places the One Ring on at the Council of Elrond?
Octogonal

4. What weapon does the Cave Troll first use to attack Legolas?
The chain around his neck

5. How far ahead are the Uruks when Legolas spots them with his elf eyes?
Aragorn says less than a day

6. How many times has Frodo worn the One Ring by the end of Fellowship of the Ring?
3 times (Bree; Weathertop; Parth Galen/takes off at Amon Hen)

Bonus Round:

7. How many seats are around the stone table at the Council of Elrond?

Actually, for the Geeky Observations List, I did a count. I figured there are 25. 22 official members plus 3 lurkers peeking from behind pillars and through the verge ;)

*hugs* I'm going to come back with this last Reflective section. :) I don't want to rush, and I'm not too sure I'll be able to.... kinda emotional...

Wonderful Game, SirDC! Again, many thanks! :D

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 27 2017, 1:36am

Post #4 of 8 (2006 views)
Shortcut
*Rememberies* in honor of weaver :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Always in our hearts, dear weaver Heart

Visual Treasure
Ah, the framecap library! So many beautiful screencaps, carefully selected by Lisa/aka Reera the Red. We so often said that scrolling through the screencaps there is like strolling through an art museum. We used (and still use) that site for so many of the LOTR Movie board discussion threads! Too many wonderful discussions to count.

Challenge: find the link to the visual treasure repository weaver posted, and repost the link in reply to this main post.

Here is the link:

http://www.framecaplib.com/lotrlib.htm

From LOTR Trivia Game
  • Mathom question: What is inaccurate in the initial post, and who is the first in the thread to identify it?
    That weaver said there would be 'five questions a day' ... and then she posted six questions. The first to identify weaver's tricksiness was Aerlinn!

• Hunt for plants, trees, or animals weaver posted about, and post the link and (if you can find one) a picture of the object.
    "5. What color is the mane of Bill the Pony -- blond, black or brown?" (Link here)
    And here's a picture, but I still can't tell what color Bill's mane is:

• Find a picture from one of weaver’s “screen cap of the day” posts on the LOTR movie board having to do with kitchens, food, or eating, and post the link in your reply. (It can be a side element as well, not necessarily the main focus of the picture!)

What better comforting comfort food can be found than in the comfiness of "Bilbo's Kitchen" Smile?!
    Screencap of the Day, July 3 -- Bilbo's kitchen...

On a more reflective note:
weaver was so eloquent and wrote so much here, she was so many different things - witty, insightful, sensitive, perceptive, thoughtful, wise, and always - always - kind-hearted. I've been reading through her posts, and reminded again of the many heartfelt and thought provoking discussions from those years. Her writings here could fill a small (and very interesting!) library Smile ... I don't think I could ever choose a favorite.

Thanks for a lovely tribute to her, SirDennis Heart.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 27 2017, 2:09am

Post #5 of 8 (2006 views)
Shortcut
Oh my, this thread was made by Ethel Duath - [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot to say that as Ethel couldn't be with us today, she made this thread a couple weeks ago. I merely posted it for her (with a little light dusting). Sorry about that.

We're glad you found some joy in this, I'm sure. Thank you for your lovely reply.

Evil

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Apr 27 2017, 2:10am)

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 27 2017, 2:45am

Post #6 of 8 (1998 views)
Shortcut
No worries...it is the thought that counts [In reply to] Can't Post

and in missing weaver, we all share in those same thoughts.

Thank you Heart.

sador
Half-elven

Apr 27 2017, 4:33pm

Post #7 of 8 (1987 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much for this. [In reply to] Can't Post

A wonderful tribute (and, I am a little bit ashamed to add, I totally forgot it was Founders' Day!).

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 27 2017, 5:01pm

Post #8 of 8 (1982 views)
Shortcut
I made a game with you in mind, on main - [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you like it!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.