Caption Contest CXLVII

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 14 2017, 3:53am

Post #1 of 11 (4357 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CXLVII Can't Post

Greetings & welcome to Round 147!

Thanks again to Meneldor for the winner's award last round.

As per our contest rules, I offer for your humorous captioning the screencap below. From the entries, I will award the next winner, who will then choose the next screencap.

Have at it, Captioneers! Tell us what is really going on here Laugh!

Larger version can be found here.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 14 2017, 6:59am

Post #2 of 11 (4281 views)
Shortcut
SAM: And in the morning, hangin' from the back of the waggon, was a hook! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2017, 8:50pm

Post #3 of 11 (4261 views)
Shortcut
"...And blimey, if it don't look like sausage, tomatoes, nice crispy bacon again tomorrer."/ [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by L. Ron Halfelven on Apr 14 2017, 8:52pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 15 2017, 2:02pm

Post #4 of 11 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Pippin: "Frodo, just because you back is to the camera doesn't mean you can pick your nose like a troll." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 15 2017, 8:46pm

Post #5 of 11 (4155 views)
Shortcut
Pippin: She says her name is Tinkerbell [In reply to] Can't Post

and that if we think happy thoughts and let her sprinkle fairy dust on us, we can fly! She keeps talking about "the magic of Disney". Gandalf ever mention it?

Belegdir
Lorien

Apr 16 2017, 1:16pm

Post #6 of 11 (4084 views)
Shortcut
Frodo: Look gents, we need to get a bit further on before we camp. Like at least out of my back garden. [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 16 2017, 8:31pm

Post #7 of 11 (4053 views)
Shortcut
In their epic quest "In Search of the Lost Meal", the hobbits discover "Mooncheon"! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have sought, but I seek it vainly,
That one lost meal divine,
Which came from the soul of hunger,
And entered into mine.

-Adelaide Anne Procter-Baggins

Boromir: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.”

Gandalf: “Well, Sauron doesn't consider a nine-member fellowship to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Lord Elrond has demonstrated a weakness in the Dark Land. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to pass over the mountains of Mordor and cross the plateau of Gorgoroth to this point. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The Cracks of Doom lead directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dûr."

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2017, 8:41am

Post #8 of 11 (3927 views)
Shortcut
Sam has the graham crackers, Merry has the chocolate bars, I have the marshmallows...what's wrong with you, Frodo? [In reply to] Can't Post

They're called s'mores! S'mores, not some mores, you idiot of a Took!

FarFromHome
Valinor

Apr 18 2017, 8:55am

Post #9 of 11 (3923 views)
Shortcut
Pippin: Come on Frodo, have some. It's all low carb. // [In reply to] Can't Post

They went in, and Sam shut the door.
But even as he did so, he heard suddenly,
deep and unstilled,
the sigh and murmur of the Sea upon the shores of Middle-earth.
From the unpublished Epilogue to the Lord of the Rings

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 21 2017, 1:55am

Post #10 of 11 (3707 views)
Shortcut
And the winner is...! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations L. Ron! Go forth and caption!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 23 2017, 3:04am

Post #11 of 11 (3610 views)
Shortcut
Thag you very buch!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.