Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Fellowship of The Ring - unofficial, unsanctioned, unsolicited read through
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 24 2017, 7:06am

Post #151 of 153 (998 views)
Shortcut
The Flight of Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Flight to me implies speed.... which does not describe the hobbits movements here. Also how does the mighty Ranger get turned around so that they go off course more than once?

I would say that the chapter title specifically refers to the final stretch with Frodo riding Glorfindel's horse. Tolkien had done his share of hiking (and marching, I expect) and must have known how easy it can be for even an experienced traveler to go astray when there is no clear path.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

Eruonen
Valinor

Apr 24 2017, 11:06pm

Post #152 of 153 (982 views)
Shortcut
I will start the new thread at this point - with The Council [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 25 2017, 1:10am

Post #153 of 153 (971 views)
Shortcut
Sounds good... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I will start the new thread at this point - with The Council

A few more thoughts about "Many Meetings" might filter in.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.