The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Caption Contest CXLVI

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 1 2017, 5:31pm

Post #1 of 19 (4171 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CXLVI Can't Post

In honor of today's announcement that George Lucas is writing the screenplay for the upcoming film adaptation of The Silmarillion, I choose to share not I, but II, pics from deleted scenes in LotR. Feel free to caption either, both, or neither, as The Force moves you.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2017, 9:05pm

Post #2 of 19 (4096 views)
Shortcut
Borojarjar: the reason why the orcs turned him into a arrow pin-cushion. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 1 2017, 10:52pm

Post #3 of 19 (4106 views)
Shortcut
The Trilogy is completed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had lost this pic, but just found it way at the back of the dusty old hard drive. And now we have 3 pics, a trilogy, to caption.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2017, 11:32pm

Post #4 of 19 (4088 views)
Shortcut
OMG I want this on my wall. [In reply to] Can't Post

LOVE it! Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 2 2017, 1:05am

Post #5 of 19 (4075 views)
Shortcut
"You carry the fate of us all, little one." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Apr 2 2017, 7:20am

Post #6 of 19 (4054 views)
Shortcut
May the precious be with you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Belegdir
Lorien

Apr 2 2017, 12:00pm

Post #7 of 19 (4044 views)
Shortcut
The Dark Side is strong precious. [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 2 2017, 1:31pm

Post #8 of 19 (4034 views)
Shortcut
BOROJAR-JAR: Meesa search for Swrord-in-need-of-new-bat'ries. [In reply to] Can't Post

DARTH GOLLUM: Threaten ME with an over-sized letter opener, will you?

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 2 2017, 4:08pm

Post #9 of 19 (4023 views)
Shortcut
Meesa would have followed yousa./ [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 2 2017, 5:34pm

Post #10 of 19 (4013 views)
Shortcut
If they strikes us down we becomes very strong, stronger than Wraiths./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 3 2017, 12:53am

Post #11 of 19 (3990 views)
Shortcut
"Always two there are, no more, no less: A master and a baiter." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Boromir: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.”

Gandalf: “Well, Sauron doesn't consider a nine-member fellowship to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Lord Elrond has demonstrated a weakness in the Dark Land. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to pass over the mountains of Mordor and cross the plateau of Gorgoroth to this point. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The Cracks of Doom lead directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dûr."

Merry: "I’ve got a bad feeling about this."

Pippin’s stomach: "Growwwl!!!”

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 3 2017, 9:09am

Post #12 of 19 (3976 views)
Shortcut
In which Lurtz goes to great lengths to make himself loveable..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I leave it to you to decide which picture this belongs to..... Tongue

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 3 2017, 1:18pm

Post #13 of 19 (3968 views)
Shortcut
Loveable Lurtz [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a good user name.

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 3 2017, 1:26pm

Post #14 of 19 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Wiki's lack of peripheral vision combined with the height of mallorn trees made disaster inevitable. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Boromir: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this.”

Gandalf: “Well, Sauron doesn't consider a nine-member fellowship to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Lord Elrond has demonstrated a weakness in the Dark Land. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to pass over the mountains of Mordor and cross the plateau of Gorgoroth to this point. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The Cracks of Doom lead directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dûr."

Merry: "I’ve got a bad feeling about this."

Pippin’s stomach: "Growwwl!!!”

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 3 2017, 8:19pm

Post #15 of 19 (3934 views)
Shortcut
Witch-kings don't really die [In reply to] Can't Post

They go to live on a nice farm in the country and ride hi-speed air scooters all day long.

Harold.of.Whoa
Rivendell

Apr 3 2017, 11:16pm

Post #16 of 19 (3920 views)
Shortcut
Borojar Jar: [In reply to] Can't Post

Better dead here than deader in Moria. Ye Valar, whatta meesa sayin'!?

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 8 2017, 12:37pm

Post #17 of 19 (3816 views)
Shortcut
More mashup mayhem: "Meesa has seen it, Topo, the white bubbles of Poseidonis, glimmering like spikes of pearl and silver, like C-beams in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 8 2017, 2:31pm

Post #18 of 19 (3819 views)
Shortcut
"All those memories, Pippin, lost, like tears in silver rain." [In reply to] Can't Post

The Farce is strong in you, Loresilme. We present you with this gold medal (but none for your Wookiee friend). Already know you what you need to be the next caption host.

*roll credits with rousing John Williams fanfare*

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 10 2017, 2:14am

Post #19 of 19 (3756 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Meneldor! I'll be back soon with the next round! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.