Justin Bieber plans to buy into New Zealand - and Middle-earth

NewsfromBree
spymaster@theonering.net

Apr 1 2017, 8:48am

Post #1 of 6 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Justin Bieber plans to buy into New Zealand - and Middle-earth Can't Post

courtesy of Us Weekly

Adding to the list of rich foreigners who are buying land in New Zealand is singing sensation Justin Bieber. Fresh off a tour of NZ, during which he tweeted his love for the place, the ultimate Bielieber has entered negotiations to buy a substantial tract of land at Glenorchy, near Queenstown. The property includes various film sites from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, and is where many Lothlorien scenes were shot.

"What the world doesn't know is that Justin is a massive Lord of the Rings fan - but the movies only, not really the books which he's never read," says a source close to the singer. "Although he knows about Tom Bombadil, he thinks he's hilarious. He's seen some Bombadil fan videos online and he wants to create his own, but using these woods that appeared in the films.

"His plans are to build a replica of the horse-people hall and hold big Middle-earth parties exclusively for his friends - but he'll likely want some local ring-ins as character props, so anyone who looks really hobbity will have a good shot at being invited."

Bieber spent a few days in Queenstown after his concert in Auckland before jetting off to South America to continue his Purpose World Tour. The source added: "I can say for a fact that he was overheard having several phone conversations with a "PJ." Whether that was 'the' Peter Jackson, I can't really say. I just know the conversations definitely mentioned Bombadil, something called the Sil-merryland, and roles of interest to JayBee."

Fans of J.R.R. Tolkien will recognize that the 'Sil-merryland' almost certainly refers to J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion, an epic compilation of stories recounting, in part, the struggle of the peoples of Middle-earth against the dark lord Morgoth. "Getting the film rights was apparently going to be a major hurdle" said the source. "'Impossible' and 'a real long shot' were overheard quite often." But apparently Justin hopes to use his considerable influence to sweet-talk some of the members of the Tolkien family and Tolkien Estate who are huge fans, and devoted Bieliebers, to release at least limited rights to some of the Silmarillion stories.

Regarding possible roles for Bieber, one can only guess. Given that his physique doesn't lend itself to playing the rotund Tom Bombadil, and Bombadil doesn't appear in The Silmarillion anyway, fans can only speculate that it would have to refer to some other major role. Given Justin's rather elfin features, the roles of the heroic Fingolfin, or even the proud Feanor come to mind. The mention of "growing acceptance of gender neutrality trends" was reportedly also overheard by our source, so the roles of Luthien or Melian can't be ruled out completely.

Meanwhile, if the Queenstown land purchase goes ahead, the Mayor of Queenstown Lakes District has promised to name Bieber as an official inhabitant of Middle-earth. "I'm sure I can get Peter Jackson down here to dub him with a replica of Anduril - the guy owes me a favour for having to muck up all the horse poo he left behind after filming the charge of the Rohirrim," says the Mayor.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 1 2017, 11:43pm)

The Biebs
Balrog

Apr 1 2017, 6:52pm

Post #2 of 6 (999 views)
Shortcut
Sick! [In reply to] Can't Post

You got the story perf. A little embarrassed that I let the cat out of the bag on the PJ part. Didn't think anyone with me at the time would connect the dots. Thanks for the mention of my tour too. This site is the GOAT!

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 1 2017, 11:35pm

Post #3 of 6 (988 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm, [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know "Balrog" was a member title. Cool.

And BTW, you'll be delighted to know that you caught at least one of the faithful in your web. Tongue
Hugs,
Liss
Heart

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Apr 1 2017, 11:37pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 2 2017, 1:41pm

Post #4 of 6 (922 views)
Shortcut
Beiberfied!!! OH NO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sales will go up on NZ Hoodies fersher!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

NottaSackville
Valinor

Apr 3 2017, 12:06pm

Post #5 of 6 (881 views)
Shortcut
The ironic thing is... [In reply to] Can't Post

With his desire to do a Bombadil video he's already committed to a higher book fidelity than PJ.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 3 2017, 7:43pm

Post #6 of 6 (845 views)
Shortcut
Which means the real question is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Will it be better than Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins? I feel this could turn into another endless debate, like balrog wings.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.