First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Hanarr
The Shire

Mar 27 2017, 7:48pm

Post #26 of 31 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Sure... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Fili also might have cast the ruby away in disgust just as he and the other dwarves angrily throw down their weapons and armor after Thorin forbids them to join the battle (in the BTS).

I've started a fanfic, and was thinking that he might have tossed it aside when they were building the barricade, but yours actually sounds better!

Go right ahead. There's plenty more where that came from.
Smile

DainPig
Gondor

Mar 30 2017, 1:08am

Post #27 of 31 (1823 views)
Shortcut
Very good observation [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder why Oin - old as he was - didn't took the same "look" at Thorin

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 18 2017, 9:41pm

Post #28 of 31 (1624 views)
Shortcut
I wrote a fanfic about this [In reply to] Can't Post

I just posted it on the FanArt page - hope you like it!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

Yngwulff
Gondor

May 17 2017, 2:39am

Post #29 of 31 (1100 views)
Shortcut
Dwarven Ring [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if mentioned ... not necessarily for Thorin, but Thrain and Thror both possessed the Dwarven Ring at one point which was supposed to make them more greedy/covetous/jealous ect and was perhaps misinterpreted as Dragon sickness.

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 17 2017, 3:17am

Post #30 of 31 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Dwarven ring [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, Otaku-Sempei mentioned that in another post I started here: http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=928422;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

It's just up on the board a bit closer to the top - I know this link isn't clickable, sorry 'bout that. Anyway, he mentioned that, which is something I didn't know and hadn't thought about. The only problem with that is, Thorin never wore the Dwarven ring. But still, it's something to think about. Thanks for the input!

I'd say I've entered my second childhood, but I never left the first!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 17 2017, 7:20am

Post #31 of 31 (1090 views)
Shortcut
The Ring of Durin's Folk [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Not sure if mentioned ... not necessarily for Thorin, but Thrain and Thror both possessed the Dwarven Ring at one point which was supposed to make them more greedy/covetous/jealous ect and was perhaps misinterpreted as Dragon sickness.

The Ring of Thror does little to explain Thrain's behavior in the films, though, since he possessed it for such a short time. His madness seems entirely due to his imprisonment and the influence of the spells of Sauron.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.