The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Eruclauron
Bree

Feb 27 2017, 3:11am

Post #1 of 7 (2422 views)
Shortcut
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Can't Post

IGN found a leak for an upcoming Shadow of Mordor sequel (via Target): http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/26/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-sequel-leaked-by-retailer?read
I'm super excited! The first game is one of my all-time favorites, and I can't wait to see what they'll do with this one! And if that release date is real there isn't too much longer to wait either!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 27 2017, 4:23am

Post #2 of 7 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Yup. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, speculation has been rife about the game's plot and details. I saw a story about this earlier at Bleeding Cool: https://www.bleedingcool.com/...hadow-mordor-sequel/.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Feb 27 2017, 4:27am)

Eruclauron
Bree

Feb 27 2017, 3:58pm

Post #3 of 7 (2374 views)
Shortcut
Announcement trailer! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the official announcement trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_UgfB95Wu0

AshNazg
Gondor

Feb 28 2017, 1:45am

Post #4 of 7 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Had to come back to the site to discuss this! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's going on here? Is this set somewhere between The Lord of the Rings and the first game? What actually happens in this time? I'm thinking maybe the battle between Dol Guldur and Lorien might be included?

Arthael
Lorien

Feb 28 2017, 5:31pm

Post #5 of 7 (2309 views)
Shortcut
Stunning! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a gorgeous trailer. I love the small re-designs of Sauron/Ringwraiths/Fell Beasts. Can't wait to see where they take the story!

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 8 2017, 5:29pm

Post #6 of 7 (2197 views)
Shortcut
A Look At The Updated Nemesis System In Shadow Of War [In reply to] Can't Post

Posted at Bleeding Cool:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has given us a gameplay walkthrough video for their sequel to Shadow of Mordor today. First impressions of Shadow of War are overwhelmingly positive. Seriously, I want to play this game immediately.

Link: https://www.bleedingcool.com/...s-system-shadow-war/

Like its predecessor, this is very dark for a Middle-earth game.

"He who lies artistically, treads closer to the truth than ever he knows." -- Favorite proverb of the wizard Ningauble of the Seven Eyes

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Mar 8 2017, 5:37pm)

RangerOfTheNorthEast

Mar 12 2017, 5:05pm

Post #7 of 7 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Shadow of mordorx1000 [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait! Looks they've managed to greatly improve a already great game! :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.