Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
The Return of the King voted favourite BAFTA best film winner this century

imin
Valinor

Feb 10 2017, 9:47pm

Post #1 of 7 (2546 views)
Shortcut
The Return of the King voted favourite BAFTA best film winner this century Can't Post

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but out of the 16 winners so far this century for best film at the BAFTAs, The Return of the King was voted the best today :)

Personally i would disagree... I think The Fellowship of the Ring should have won Smile

All posts are to be taken as my opinion.

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 11 2017, 3:02pm

Post #2 of 7 (2478 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm happy to count this as a vote for the whole trilogy, just as I counted that unrepeatable cascade of Oscars that followed (what a night that was!) as recognition for the achievement of the whole series. Smile

For me this is better. If Fellowship had won it would be like saying that the beginning was better than what followed. This includes Fellowship: the final film couldn't exist without the other two!

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

FrogmortonJustice65
Lorien

Feb 13 2017, 6:02am

Post #3 of 7 (2420 views)
Shortcut
very much deserved. [In reply to] Can't Post

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 13 2017, 10:45am

Post #4 of 7 (2409 views)
Shortcut
I agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

It should be FOTR, but it's great anyway!!

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 22 2017, 2:57pm

Post #5 of 7 (2288 views)
Shortcut
IMO, when viewed in the theater, ROTK surpasses FOTR and TTT [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed the films when they were first released in theaters, so my first viewings of them (and the countless re-watchings thereafter :)) were all at home. During that time period I would have considered FOTR my favorite or the 'best' film. However a few years ago when they had the re-releases, and I was able to watch them all in a large theater for the first time, my opinions changed dramatically. ROTK, in the theater, was incredible - even after I had watched it so many times at home on my large screen TV, there was no comparison. When critics referred to it as 'epic', I really found there was no other word to describe it - ROTK in a big theater was simply epic. FOTR yes I still loved, as well as TTT, but I didn't feel differently about them. But ROTK in the theater just flew off the rating scale for me.

Very happy to hear of this BAFTA win! Congrats to PJ and all who worked so hard on these films! *applause*!

Nuradar
Rohan

Feb 24 2017, 12:26pm

Post #6 of 7 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! Well-deserved. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ettelewen
Rohan

Feb 24 2017, 11:16pm

Post #7 of 7 (2239 views)
Shortcut
I had the same reaction. [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR and TTT were awesome, but ROTK literally left me shaking. Epic indeed.

*joins applause*

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.